Organising a small 1 afternoon Meeting engagements event at my local geedub

pseudonyme

Dear fellow Age of Sigmar players,

I would like to organise a small Meeting engagement event at my local geedub before the end of the year.

I want to organise that for several reasons:

• After my first tournament ever this week end (Bloodshed in the shires 2019 which saw me going from 8 games ever played to 12!!! ), I am really motivated to play more
  • Even if I did not have the chance to play it, I am convinced that ME is fun after watching a couple of ME battle reports on the interweb.
  • In addition, I don't have any friends to play with (my only toy soldiers friend is living overseas), only the usual bunch at my local geedub.
  • My local geedub's (bi-) monthly events are usually from 13h to 18h (5 hours), on 4*4 tables (because unfortunately they don't have much place), and I have been a little frustrated to never finish 1 game properly there since I started playing, because the time allowed to play is too short even for 1.5k points games.

So my goal here is to experience with this format at least once and ensure that all player can play 2 games in this narrow 5 hours slot.

But because I don't think it makes sense to bring something like Archaon, Morathi or Nagash (whom I don't think you can anyway), I thought that a point limitation could be relevant.

My rule of thumb would be to restrict any unit that is over 1/3 of the 1000 points ME limit, because it feels that those units are not designed for less than 1.5k if not 2k games.  So I started a small survey on twitter (check below), but you are welcome to comment here, and not on the relevance of Meeting engagement. I don't want to start a never-ending discussion à la "is zero a number?" ;)

Points limitation on this survey are  300, 350, 450 and no point limitation, to stick around the "inferior to 1/3 of 1000 points, because I want to keep hte restriction as simple as I can.

Also, concerning the time frame, it seems that I could guaranty 2 * 1h15min games for up to 8 people in 5 hours:

• For 8 players (tight schedule)
    • First round 13h -> 14h15, players 1 to 4
    • Second round 14h20 -> 15h35, players 5 to 8
    • Third round 15h40 -> 16h55, players: 1, 3, 5 and 7
    • Fourth round 14h -> 18h15, players: 2, 4, 6 and 8
  • For 6 players (either with a 4th round for 4 of the 6 players or with 90 minutes games)
    • First round 13h -> 14h15, players 1 to 4
    • Second round 14h20 -> 15h35, players: 5, 6, 1 and 3
    • Third round 15h40 -> 16h55, players: 5, 6, 2 and 4

What do you experienced warmongers think?

https://twitter.com/pseudorythme/status/1188855811390484480?s=20

Edited by pseudonyme
  • Like 1