Wild dice question.

Keith

We have always played that , the player with initiative assigns all their wild dice first.

I was corrected that the wild dice are assigned one at a time alternating , starting with the player with initiative. ????

The rules  state :

“The player with the initiative first declares how they will use any of their wild dice, followed by the player who does not have initiative.

I think the player with initiative assigns all their wild dice first ???

Edited by Keith

The player with initiative does assign all dice first. The word any is there to make it clear that you don't have to assign all of them and can save them for a future round.

On a related note, I've seen lots of errors made regarding initiative after wild dice. If there's a roll-off to determine initiative before wild dice, then the other player must end with MORE singles to take initiative. You never roll-off again. If one player started with fewer singles, but after wild dice is tied in singles, then you roll-off. The important point is that you will never roll-off for initiative more than once per round.

Edited by Pickle The Hutt