Lord Executioner rule discrepancy

beyondn00blike

Question

Hello,

New Age of Sigmar and Warhammer player here! I recently purchased the Soul Wars box, and started playing a few games against friends with Stormcast and Nighthaunt. I also bought the Nighthaunt and Stormcast Eternals battletomes (as well as the GHB2019).

My question is the Following :

On the warscroll card (from the Soul wars box) for the Lord Executioner, it says "If a wound roll for a Decapitating Greataxe is 6+, add 2 to the damage characteristic…"

But on the warscroll in the Nighthaunt battletome, it says "if an UNMODIFIED wound roll for a Decapitating Greataxe is 6+, add 2 to the damage characteristic…"

Which version is correct? If it's the former, then by using to-wound buffs on the Lord Executioner such as the aura from the Guardian of Souls, we could have an executioner decapitating foolish Stormcasts on 5+ or even 4+ with a specific artifact. That seems a little bit strong.

I would assume the latter is correct, for the sake of symmetry will all other "critical hits" rules I have seen on units so far, which Always mention UNMODIFIED rolls.

Additionally, I should mention that the Soul Wars box I own is in English, while the Nighthaunt battletome is in French (store didn't have it in English at the time). Maybe the discrepancy comes from the translation?

Looking online in FAQs and erratas, I didn't find the answer to my question.

Thanks for your help and have fun wargaming !

Edited by beyondn00blike

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, beyondn00blike said:

Hello,

New Age of Sigmar and Warhammer player here! I recently purchased the Soul Wars box, and started playing a few games against friends with Stormcast and Nighthaunt. I also bought the Nighthaunt and Stormcast Eternals battletomes (as well as the GHB2019).

My question is the Following :

On the warscroll card (from the Soul wars box) for the Lord Executioner, it says "If a wound roll for a Decapitating Greataxe is 6+, add 2 to the damage characteristic…"

But on the warscroll in the Nighthaunt battletome, it says "if an UNMODIFIED wound roll for a Decapitating Greataxe is 6+, add 2 to the damage characteristic…"

Which version is correct? If it's the former, then by using to-wound buffs on the Lord Executioner such as the aura from the Guardian of Souls, we could have an executioner decapitating foolish Stormcasts on 5+ or even 4+ with a specific artifact. That seems a little bit strong.

I would assume the latter is correct, for the sake of symmetry will all other "critical hits" rules I have seen on units so far, which Always mention UNMODIFIED rolls.

Additionally, I should mention that the Soul Wars box I own is in English, while the Nighthaunt battletome is in French (store didn't have it in English at the time). Maybe the discrepancy comes from the translation?

Looking online in FAQs and erratas, I didn't find the answer to my question.

Thanks for your help and have fun wargaming !

Its an unmodified 6 its on the latest war scroll, but there are 2 ream artefacts that you can buff up that add 2 damage blade of endings and anareiheirs claws both 6plus so can be buffed

Edited by TimM85