Painting trim first or after.

Rodiger

I am currently painting some Rubrik Marines, and I have gone with the way shown in the GW painting guide, where you paint the gold trim first, then you paint the armour panels after. I have painted this way before many times, I have also painted the other way round many times, painting the armour panel first then the trim after. What do people prefer? At the moment I am wishing I had painted the armour first as it is really time consuming trying not to get the armour paint on the trim, but it is such a faff painting the trim the other way round. There are positives and negatives to both ways, just wonder what other people prefer. 

I generally paint from the inside out so whatever is the most recessed item first... however in every single painting session I will overlook at least one item that I have to go back and paint while trying to avoid higher areas... I definitely prefer hitting the lower areas first.