returning player - Stormcast reeled me back in

CommissarRotke

So I should be sleeping but insomnia has me all messed up and here I am!

Returning player, after having been dissatisfied with both WHFB and 40k more than a decade ago, I finally took the plunge after doing research into AOS 2.0 and seeing how cool the Stormcast models have gotten! I'm a sucker for anything paladin and cleric so... i had to get Soul Wars and try to build a decent list for narrative games, and maybe matched at some point!

I am trying to be much more researched and cautious this time around with buying figures and branching out. Too fast gave me burnout and forcing myself to get into 40k because that's what the majority of play was really gunked up the hobby for me... AOS seems like what I wanted out of WHFB (except no high elves...) and I'm glad that the Stormcast, to me, feel different enough from Space Marines that I'm interested in their lore and their army building.

Still trying to figure out how the site and activity stuff works, always trying to find more advice on what unit to buy next, and keeping my ears open for narrative + matched news.

Hello everyone!

welcome back dude 🤘, the stormcast were affectionately named the "Sig-marines" when they first released.

As for advice for list building and what not, obviously your first port of call would be the TGA faction specific threads and of course the blog section for inspiration and what not.   of course dont be afraid of asking any questions you might have in the tga forums, we dont bite unless you ask

Is it actually affectionate? The angry comparisons to Space Marines is what kept me away from AOS since the beginning... but once I found myself giving the lore a shot there's not as much similarity  as what's projected onto them.

I've actually been posting in the SCE thread, only happened to see this board existed when it came up in Recent Topics !