Abilities questions

Damian

Question

I have a couple of questions I hope people can answer for me if possible   🙂 

1 , If I use a warscroll ability that gives me (or those within a certain area) a +1 armour save and i then cast a spell/prayer on one of those units giving them an additional+1 armour save bonus...

Does that give the specific unit a +2 armour save? (as nothing in the spell or warscroll says they cannot stack) 

2, If I have an ability that I use gives one of my units wholly within a certain ability (say 18 inch), then that unit moves out of the range (charges the enemy), does the unit  still benefit from that ability until the beginning of my next hero phase?

5 answers to this question

1. Yes. Even using the same ability more than once, unless the wording says or would make it otherwise) will stack. Two Castellans shining their lanterns on the same unit for example works. Also not that most of these abilities effect the roll not the stat itself.

2. No, the moment they move out of range, they no longer benefit.

Edited by AverageBoss

Hi, this might be the right place to ask this, but I also have a question about abilities. 

If a force picks an allegiance (stormcast, lets say for example) it gets lots of allegiance abilities from the battletome - but does it also get the grand alliance-wide ability (for order) as well, or is it an either/or thing? 

14 minutes ago, Redbaron said:

Hi, this might be the right place to ask this, but I also have a question about abilities. 

If a force picks an allegiance (stormcast, lets say for example) it gets lots of allegiance abilities from the battletome - but does it also get the grand alliance-wide ability (for order) as well, or is it an either/or thing? 

Grand Alliance abilities are only for mixed armies and/or allegiances that have no allegiance abilities of their own. If you choose a faction that has allegiance abilities then you are locked into that allegiance and cannot use anyone else’s or the Grand Alliance ones.

also it is perfectly fine to create a new topic for each question you have. Or if they all run in the same line of certain factions or abilities you can do them all in one topic. 

Edited by King Taloren
  • Thanks 1