I'm bringing sexy... I mean Mixy back, Mixed order for the win!

Matador

Howdy,  

First they wouldn't face the endless fusillades of my  Freeguilds anymore ("that list is boring bro...."), then they all had to wash their hair instead of a battle after seeing my kooky chariot race battalion of Tzeentch eat some Flesheaters. So  In the spirit of finding new army lists that my local opponents won't reflexively duck,  Matador's descent into peculiar bedfellows continues. 

The latest incarnation?  the perfect wolf in sheep's or at least goat's clothing, a mixed order list guaranteed to make someone scratch their head and wonder "what the heck are you doing here Matty?  have you been buying cheaply priced orphan figures on Ebay again?"  right before charging in to wax the rockets and finding out the real trouble is just starting. 

Behold my entirely unfluffy, no flavor, no gel, hammer/anvil list:

mattyboy - Allegiance: Order - Mortal Realm: Ulgu

LEADERS

Tenebrael Shard (120) 8" 5+ 5 8 - Artefact : Sword of Judgement

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (380) 10"* 4+ 11 6

Lord-Ordinator (140) 5" 4+ 5 9 - General

UNITS

10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100) 5" 6+ 1 5

10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100) 5" 6+ 1 5

10 x Freeguild Guard (80) 5" 5+ 1 5 - Militia Weapons

10 x Executioners (160) 6" 4+ 1 7

10 x Executioners (160) 6" 4+ 1 7

WAR MACHINES  

Helstorm Rocket Battery (180) 4"* 4+ 4 -

ENDLESS SPELLS

Prismatic Palisade (30) * See Warscroll

TOTAL: 1990/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 87 LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 4/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

MOL.pdf

I've gone 8 for 8 since last week with it and keep seeing new ways to twist it around when it comes to objectives as well as kills, granted it is a really ugly looking army with little to say for it visually and very little to tie the units together theme wise. I guess I will just have to stick with the story that the celestial mages hired some assorted strong arms to protect a star-gazing expedition with the lord ordinator and some amateur rocketeers.. lol  Luckily winning can sooth my embarrassment.

Archived