new to skaven, need some help! (Clan skryre)

omotiverat

Hello! I recently watched some battle reports and people where playing skaven, Clan Skryre to be more specific. 

I just love the idea of "mad scientist" making cool weapons that can blow everyone (including yourself) to smithereens. 

So my question is, where do i start? I won't buy the whole 2000p army in an instant, but maybe a 750p force to begin with, next month maybe upgrade to 1000-1250, and then finally 2000p. The list below is what i think i should go with, but hey, i know nothing so please correct me if i'm wrong! (with the list below i'm only at 1500p) 

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Stormfiends (260)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 10
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 86

I was thinking i would start with an Arch-warlock, 1 warlock engineer, 3 stormfiends and 1 WLC , that would bring me to 700p. 

After that i've seen people use Warp-grinders, Ratling guns &  warpfire throwers. which one of those fit the army best? which one are the best? and which one are the most "blow everything up"? 

I was thinking of using some Skryre Acolytes but 500SEK / 46 EURO for a small unit of 5 people is just plain robbery. So if i'm ever gonna invest in these i will do it after i've collected a lot of skaven and know i really love the army. 

i hope some kind soul can help me with this :)

Cheers! 

8 hours ago, omotiverat said:

0)So my question is, where do i start? I won't buy the whole 2000p army in an instant, but maybe a 750p force to begin with, next month maybe upgrade to 1000-1250, and then finally 2000p. The list below is what i think i should go with, but hey, i know nothing so please correct me if i'm wrong! (with the list below i'm only at 1500p) 

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Stormfiends (260)

War Machines

Total: 1500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 10
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 86

1)I was thinking i would start with an Arch-warlock, 1 warlock engineer, 3 stormfiends and 1 WLC , that would bring me to 700p. 

2)After that i've seen people use Warp-grinders, Ratling guns &  warpfire throwers. which one of those fit the army best? which one are the best? and which one are the most "blow everything up"? 

3)I was thinking of using some Skryre Acolytes but 500SEK / 46 EURO for a small unit of 5 people is just plain robbery. So if i'm ever gonna invest in these i will do it after i've collected a lot of skaven and know i really love the army. 

Hi, welcome to the domains of the under-empire.

0)2) Start your collection wherever you want.

There is no need to hold-scurry back of a   unit you want, just take it.

Want a rattling gun weapon, no problemo, take it or build your own.

If you have problem choosing one of theses fantastic weapons, I’d just go for a theme you like best.

like is your army more interested in burning your enemy’s, or do you just want to swarm your enemy’s with shoot of warpstone laced lead bullets?

cant decide just use them all a bit.

1)sounds good, small steps are most of the time the best path to take, you really don’t want to literally drown in your own models (from which most of us player are suffering (in a good and bad way) right now😂)

3)Yeha well acolytes are proabably one of the most expensive units in the whole game (trying to take a pack of 30of them and you will have spend around 300dollars)

better of building your own acolytes out of clanrats/Stormvermin/plague monks etc.

they come cheaper and with a few bits and green stuff will almost always look better than those filthy metal cases acolytes.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi, welcome to the domains of the under-empire.

0)2) Start your collection wherever you want.

There is no need to hold-scurry back of a   unit you want, just take it.

Want a rattling gun weapon, no problemo, take it or build your own.

If you have problem choosing one of theses fantastic weapons, I’d just go for a theme you like best.

like is your army more interested in burning your enemy’s, or do you just want to swarm your enemy’s with shoot of warpstone laced lead bullets?

cant decide just use them all a bit.

1)sounds good, small steps are most of the time the best path to take, you really don’t want to literally drown in your own models (from which most of us player are suffering (in a good and bad way) right now😂)

3)Yeha well acolytes are proabably one of the most expensive units in the whole game (trying to take a pack of 30of them and you will have spend around 300dollars)

better of building your own acolytes out of clanrats/Stormvermin/plague monks etc.

they come cheaper and with a few bits and green stuff will almost always look better than those filthy metal cases acolytes.

Thank you! both for the welcoming and the reply! 

maybe i should buy one of each and see which ones i like most :)

omg yes, i still have a small mountain of plastic at home, but i promised myself i would paint all of my "backlog" before starting this project! Only one box of brutes and one gore grunta model left yay! 

I understand that the model may be a bit more expensive for being made out of metal, but like damn, how can they charge that much? 

Archived