Troll Slayers use

SlayerFan

Question

Hi, apologies if these are silly questions but I am extremely new to AoS, have decided to start Fyreslayers but I like the idea of using some classic Troll Slayer models in the army in my head fluff as a kind of lesser version of the Fyreslayers, to give both model and unit variety.

Is there any way to do this in the rules?

Do they have a unit profile?

If not is there another non Fyreslayer unit whose profile could fit classic Troll Slayers that is able to ally in to a Fyreslayers army?

Thanks for any help offered.

5 answers to this question

On 3/9/2019 at 1:29 AM, SlayerFan said:

Thanks for the help, just found the rules for regular slayers and how to add them as allies, looking forward to building my army.

You can't ally slayers because they don't have proper keywords, if you want to use the models you can either use them as Vulkite Berserkers with 2 axes or build your army with Order Allegiance

8 hours ago, XReN said:

You can't ally slayers because they don't have proper keywords, if you want to use the models you can either use them as Vulkite Berserkers with 2 axes or build your army with Order Allegiance

That is a shame, I assumed them sharing the Duardin keyword was enough, especially as the warscroll builder on the GW community site allowed me to add Slayers as allies to my Fyreslayer list.

Thanks for the help, think I will purely play the more flexible Narrative & Open Play for AoS as I have done with a lot of fun since getting back in to 40k the last couple of years, a shame limits like this exist but it is their game, I will just pass on Matched Play no big deal.

As I have 30 of the classic Slayer models that I  wish to use with the awesome Fyreslayer models in my own head canon as wannabe Fyreslayers hoping to prove themselves worthy of getting the golden rune treatment. 

14 hours ago, SlayerFan said:

That is a shame, I assumed them sharing the Duardin keyword was enough, especially as the warscroll builder on the GW community site allowed me to add Slayers as allies to my Fyreslayer list.

Unfortunately GHB only allow Fyreslayers to ally with IRONWELD ARSENAL, STORMCAST ETERNALS, DISPOSSESSED and KHARADRON OVERLORDS

Also for future: if you'll get to matched play some day, you have to know that Warscroll Builder doesn't have reliable validation mechanism, you can only check your army composition and artefacts with it.

Archived