600p death match

omotiverat

Hey! Im gonna play a 600p death match against a friend soon, we both are new To The game so i thought i would ask you guys for a good list! 

Models that are available:

1 Mawkrusha 

5 brutes

20 ardboys

3 gore gruntas 

2 warchanters

1 wierdnob

1 fungoid cave shaman 

1 aleguzzler gargant 

Is it worth picking a battalion for such a low point game? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 minute ago, omotiverat said:

Is it worth picking a battalion for such a low point game? 

Definitely no.

1 minute ago, omotiverat said:

Hey! Im gonna play a 600p death match against a friend soon, we both are new To The game so i thought i would ask you guys for a good list! 

What faction is he playing, tbh you're really limited on list possibilities but there's a bit of wiggle room if we know what you're against.

13 hours ago, Malakree said:

Definitely no.

What faction is he playing, tbh you're really limited on list possibilities but there's a bit of wiggle room if we know what you're against.

I think he is playing nighthaunt but i am not sure what Models! 

2 hours ago, omotiverat said:

I think he is playing nighthaunt but i am not sure what Models! 

Ok cool so as long as it's not a grimghast horde you should be able to get a fairly solid game.

2 hours ago, omotiverat said:

The reason we are playing 600p is that he just got them and wanted To try The game, i Will play one game with my mawkrusha and aleguzzler for fun :D

My advice would be to ignore standard matched play list building restrictions at that points value. It's going to make your list really limited. With that in mind the following list is illegal but will give you both a better gaming experience imo.

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of the Waaagh! 
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)

Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (160)

Total: 630 / 500
Wounds: 65

Rules alteration.

For the prophet of the waaagh! Use the orruk warboss waaagh! Not the megaboss waaagh! So 12" range +1 attack for all orruks no dice rolls.

Give your friend a triumph roll for the 30 points you are over. It's cleaner that trying to make your list fit for a friendly.

Play realm of beasts and put the gargant down in the middle of the board as the only wandering monster. This gives you both a realm spell and command ability while also adding the gargant as an extra piece for you both to play around. Make killing him a secondary objective for you both.

For this type of game/points it's better to play slightly fast and loose with some of the rules imo. It should make it a more fun experience for you both.

11 minutes ago, omotiverat said:

Omg i cant thank you enough! That sounds like a lot of fun, having him roam around :D i just got malign sorcery today aswell so To even out The points i might take a cheaper option than him.

Again, thank you so much for The replys!! 

Ironjawz really struggle to put together a proper list at the lower points values. 1.5k is when you really start getting options. With that in mind I would always suggest being flexible with the matched play rules in small game friendlies, taking a page out of the open game format and not so rigidly sticking to the points/matched play stuff. You want a fun game not a competitive tournament one and there are a ton of ways to make them interesting.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, Malakree said:

Ironjawz really struggle to put together a proper list at the lower points values. 1.5k is when you really start getting options. With that in mind I would always suggest being flexible with the matched play rules in small game friendlies, taking a page out of the open game format and not so rigidly sticking to the points/matched play stuff. You want a fun game not a competitive tournament one and there are a ton of ways to make them interesting.

I don't know if you will care that much but we had a lot of fun during our first game! We had a experienced player helping us a bit with setup as well so things went kind of smooth! 

We played 500p and a game mode that i don't remember the name of. New objectives spawns each round and is increasing in value (starfall? lunarfall? memory is a bit bad). my opponent did not play Nighthaunt as i mentioned, he played Nurgle , with 1 great unclean one and a unit of Putrid Blightkings.
My list got a bit changed from what you wrote cause we played 100p less than planned. 

1 Warchanter (80p)
1 Weird ****** (120p)
10 ardboyz (160p)
3 Gore Gruntas (140p)

I ended up winning with 23-0 but he managed to kill 8 of my ardboyz and 1 gore grunta and i only managed to kill 3 blightkings, so i felt a bit slaughtered.  But hey, major victory for me so :D But i feel like i needed a unit of Brutes to even have a chance against his Great unclean one cause i only managed to bring him down 2 HP overall cause he just kept on healing. 

so yeah, if you want a TL;DR here it goes
* had a lot of fun
* I won 23-0
* he killed me a lot more than i killed him

Cheers!

33 minutes ago, omotiverat said:

I don't know if you will care that much but we had a lot of fun during our first game! We had a experienced player helping us a bit with setup as well so things went kind of smooth! 

We played 500p and a game mode that i don't remember the name of. New objectives spawns each round and is increasing in value (starfall? lunarfall? memory is a bit bad). my opponent did not play Nighthaunt as i mentioned, he played Nurgle , with 1 great unclean one and a unit of Putrid Blightkings.
My list got a bit changed from what you wrote cause we played 100p less than planned. 

1 Warchanter (80p)
1 Weird ****** (120p)
10 ardboyz (160p)
3 Gore Gruntas (140p)

I ended up winning with 23-0 but he managed to kill 8 of my ardboyz and 1 gore grunta and i only managed to kill 3 blightkings, so i felt a bit slaughtered.  But hey, major victory for me so :D But i feel like i needed a unit of Brutes to even have a chance against his Great unclean one cause i only managed to bring him down 2 HP overall cause he just kept on healing. 

so yeah, if you want a TL;DR here it goes
* had a lot of fun
* I won 23-0
* he killed me a lot more than i killed him

Cheers!

Yeah it's starfall, Nurgle doing what Nurgle does! haha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's easy for those of us on here to get despondent at times but a lot of that is coming from a tournament/competitive perspective rather than a friendly perspective.

Hopefully there's many more fun games to come for you and if the two of you ever feel like attending a tournament without the normal stress I'd recommend the Warhammer Achievements at Blood and Glory. You get to play on some fantastic terrain and play games where winning doesn't mean you win! 😃

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

Yeah it's starfall, Nurgle doing what Nurgle does! haha

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's easy for those of us on here to get despondent at times but a lot of that is coming from a tournament/competitive perspective rather than a friendly perspective.

Hopefully there's many more fun games to come for you and if the two of you ever feel like attending a tournament without the normal stress I'd recommend the Warhammer Achievements at Blood and Glory. You get to play on some fantastic terrain and play games where winning doesn't mean you win! 😃

Thank you, i hope so as well! I would love to attend that tournament, it sounds like a lot of fun, but sadly i don't live in the UK :( 

i can understand that people focus much on the competitive aspect of the game, i usually tend to do that with all the other games i've played but i think a good thought to have is to be competitive when it means something (tournaments) and just have fun when you are training for it! (and ofcourse never be a sore loser or an ******) 

The best part of the game was that i feel like painting all the time now! :D Just got a pack of Brutes from my brother that i stayed up until 3 to assemble most of them! 

ooh! while i have your attention, for choosing weapons for the brutes i've heard that if you have groups of 5 brutes you should go with two choppas on them and if you have a unit of 10 you should go with gore hackas.  and from what i understand that is so "two rows" of brutes can attack the target. But what keeps me of having a unit of 10 with gore hackas and choppas and just keeping the choppas in the front row? 

and how is it with the brute boss, a unit of 5 is quite easy, 3 of gorehackas or choppas, 1 with massive choppa and one boss. But for a unit of let's say 10, does that mean 2 massive choppas, 7 with gore hackas/choppas and 1 boss or can i have 2 massive choppas, 6 hackas/choppa and 2 bosses? 

• You can have one boss per unit. It should always have the boss klaw.
  • The brute rules specify that a unit may have, hence all brutes must have the same weapon option, excluding special weapons.
  • At 10 either option is fine. It's at 15 the 2" range becomes strictly better.
  • The special weapons say one in 5. So at 15 you could habe, and should have, 3 of them.

Archived