Tournament Beastclaw Raiders

LordDrakonus

So with my Ironjawz almost done for the seasons of War I've setting my eye on a New Warband.......I looked too the Chaos god and was left wanting, Order has too many followers so with the Beastclaw Raider spoilers I've come up with this 2k List it has many things my ironJawz lack such as mortal wounds, Hungry Ogres and more than one fat angry monster. The idead of this list is the Huskard's will target high priority targets such as the Celestial Hurricanum of my hated foes the Free peoples and other key buffing pieces like my wife's portal of skulls. The Frost lord and The otherstone horn will get in and smash while the Mournfangs will go after isolated targets. Now I have 100 pts left would it be worth it too add 2 Sabres too grab objectives or should I rework the list and try and get it closer too 2k? 

2k Beastclaw Raiders

Heros

Frostlord on StoneHorn(The Pelt of Charngar) 460
Huskard on Thundertusk 340

Total:1140

Battle line Units

Stonehorn Beastrider 360
2 Mournfang Pack(Gargant Hacker,Hornblower) 200

Total:760

Other Units/Formations

Total:0

Army Total:1900

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2k Beastclaw Raiders

Heros

Battle line Units

4 Mournfang Pack(Gargant Hacker,Hornblower,Banner) 400

Total:800

Army Total:1940

Updated list i'm thinking more bodies!

I have a feeling that a lot of the more competitive aspects of BCR will be in using the formations, having 1 or 2 drop armies that you can dictate first turn and get the stonehorns and mournfang into combat (in your opponents deployment zone) while your thundertusk and slower weaker stuff nick the objectives the. Push forward in a second wave.  Some of the scenarios allow you to capture the objective the. It remains yours even if you move off it. BCR have low model count so need to be dictating where the fight is happening and that needs to be as far away from the objectives as possible to prevent opponent scoring 

2k Beastclaw Raiders

Heros

Battle line Units

Thundertusk Beastrider 320

Total:720

Other Units/Formations

Army Total:1860

13906893_852518431548719_3222249331454120382_n.jpg

Pure power wise I think at 2000 points one of the best lists is

4 x Huskard on Thundertusk 1360

1 x Hunter 160

4 x 3 yeti 480

Basically you shoot and heal with the thundertusk and everything else runs and grabs objectives. I would take the destruction traits as it gives extra move and can give your thundertusks better alpha strike potential, along with helping grab objectives. The hunter kills warmachine crew or weaker heroes at the back. They can shoot with their spear and crossbow since you bring them on, the move via destruction trait, then are in range for all their weapons. You won't make many friends with the list but for tournaments it's gonna wreck some face with 24 mortal wounds every turn. Everything else is fast and grabs objectives

Look Like very powetfull, but only 8 models??? In escalation battleplan very low chance to win. 

I think that another big problem against armies with many units. You Can target only One unit in combat or shooting . For example with one fanatic i Can stop the hero every charge phase, and you must focus all yout combat power on this little goblin.

Another problem is the movement: big model + many scenary = hard turning and easy to be blocked by little unit.

Sorry for my Noob English ....

17 hours ago, Stauderpower said:

Pure power wise I think at 2000 points one of the best lists is

4 x Huskard on Thundertusk 1360

1 x Hunter 160

4 x 3 yeti 480

Basically you shoot and heal with the thundertusk and everything else runs and grabs objectives. I would take the destruction traits as it gives extra move and can give your thundertusks better alpha strike potential, along with helping grab objectives. The hunter kills warmachine crew or weaker heroes at the back. They can shoot with their spear and crossbow since you bring them on, the move via destruction trait, then are in range for all their weapons. You won't make many friends with the list but for tournaments it's gonna wreck some face with 24 mortal wounds every turn. Everything else is fast and grabs objectives

I'm completely new to the game and was wondering how you would build up to this list starting at 1000 points. I'm also curious as to if AoS has the same conversion rules as 40k, namely "counts as" so I would be able to use Maneaters as Yhetees.

Buying the icewind assault is a good start and would give you over 1000 points. If you bought 2 you would have everything you need and could swap out yetis for the other battleline choices in the box. The counts as is a group preference. I know my group wouldn't have an issue at first but I think doing some conversion work or finding alternative models would be better 

17 hours ago, Orruk'sPizza said:

Look Like very powetfull, but only 8 models??? In escalation battleplan very low chance to win. 

I think that another big problem against armies with many units. You Can target only One unit in combat or shooting . For example with one fanatic i Can stop the hero every charge phase, and you must focus all yout combat power on this little goblin.

Another problem is the movement: big model + many scenary = hard turning and easy to be blocked by little unit.

Sorry for my Noob English ....

You really don't have an issue as the thundertusks can block objectives and after 2 or 3 turns of shooting, there won't be much left of your opponents army. If it was really an issue, make the hunter your general and replace the yetis with frostsabres you would have 16 models to help score, I just think yetis are a good middle ground between mounfang and frostsabres

I had a few games with each list yesterday. each worked pretty well for now I've settled on running this list and run more play tests.

2k Beastclaw Raiders

Heros

Battle line Units

Stonehorn Beastrider 360

Total:760

Other Units/Formations

Army Total:1900

If some of these lists are for tournaments you will struggle to win some games simply because you wont be able to take objectives...ie the first one in the GH where you need 5 models within 6 inches. Some of these lists only have 8 models... would be making it very tough for yourself.

Yetis are a solid choice.

@LordDrakonus , is there any reason why you don't run a Banner Bearer in your Mournfang Pack? I'm new to AoS, but as I understand it, you can have a banner and the  Gargant Hacker or do I get something wrong and the banner replaces the  Gargant Hacker?

I'd suggest trying to fit the beastclaw avalanche battalion (from compendium, but it has alligence beastclaw)  into your list, as the 3d6 charges let you get your mournfang and frostlord into combat from farther away, these dice can be rerolled with the frostlord too, the impact hits are then just gravey. The list I'd suggest you try out is:

Heroes 

Frostlord on Stonehorn

Huskard on Thundertusk

Battleline

Pack of 2 Mournfang

Pack if 2 Mournfang 

Thundertusk Beastriders

Other

9 Icefall Yhetees

Battalions

Beastclaw Avalanche

Total points 2000