New player needs advice and help :)

M1cha

Hi guys,

i´m brand new in this game and want to start this beautiful hobby.  now my problem:  i have no idea which army should i use...i like a lot style wise but dont know how they perform on the table(top) maybe you can help me :)

i wanna play a army with a lot of summoning, cause i rly like the playstyle of it. is there a army which can build a whole army around summoning and is still semi competitive? cause i like to play some tournaments in my local store and here´s a club too which often play tournaments.  

i like the style of the Beasts of Chaos and they have a Summoing part too.  The Herdstone-Sacrifice-thing haha, but is there a chance to get even more summoning points? or still 1 in each round +d3 for the sacrifice?

which army you can recommend me when i want a lot of summoning and still want to have a chance against a full tournament list, maybe highly competitive?  first i want to start with 1000 Points, than build more up to 2000.

For summoning the main lists are 

beasts of chaos

blades of khorne

tzeentch

Slaanesh

seraphon

sylvaneth

i would go with whichever of those armies you like the models of most. 

Of the above the most competitive would probably be beasts of chaos, sylvaneth, or blades of khorne. 

If you want beasts I’d fill out a desolating beastherd battalion, if sylvaneth go work towards gnarlroot or winterleaf and throw in alarielle. If khorne google Darren Watson’s recent khorne lists. 

If you want crazy summoning but not as competitive then seraphon with several engine of the gods would be the way to do it. Can make a decent 3/5 win army.

7 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

i would go with whichever of those armies you like the models of most. 

then i have to go with beasts of chaos :) i already have a start collecting box.  what should i buy next? just a 2nd + herdstone?  and a few chaos-spawns? cause i like to play Gravespawns. 

Archived