successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within
18" of the caster that is visible to them and
not within 3" of any friendly units. Your
opponent must move that unit up to 2D6"
so that each model in the unit ends its move
as close as possible to a model from the
friendly unit that was closest to it at the start
of the move.

Does this imply that each model in the unit makes a BEELINE move towards the enemy up to 2D6.?

What does the 'up to 2D6' imply? It says 'as close as possible' immediately after which infers you would move the entirety of the 2D6 movement.

Does this also mean that different models in the unit may be dragged different directions - potentially causing the unit to split and lose cohesion?

3 answers to this question

It means your OPPONENT must move his unit 2D6 inches towards the nearest enemy unit and that they must end as close as possible to the nearest enemy unit. That means that they must A) move the full 2D6 and that B) they must move in the way that gets them the closest to the nearest enemy unit (so for example no moving in a wide loop to eat up movement). 

As to your second question, you move towards the nearest enemy UNIT so outside some incredibly wonky positioning I cannot envision I cannot see this spell breaking coherency. 

21 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

It means your OPPONENT must move his unit 2D6 inches towards the nearest enemy unit and that they must end as close as possible to the nearest enemy unit. That means that they must A) move the full 2D6 and that B) they must move in the way that gets them the closest to the nearest enemy unit (so for example no moving in a wide loop to eat up movement). 

As to your second question, you move towards the nearest enemy UNIT so outside some incredibly wonky positioning I cannot envision I cannot see this spell breaking coherency. 

I realised my mistake. We played the line 'each model in the unit' and missed the part where the whole unit moves 2D6, we thought it was evaluated on a per-model basis for ever model in the unit that was devolved.

Thanks for clarifying.

Archived