Paint Scheme Advice: Deathworld Forest

Lior'Lec

I’ve got the deathworld forest boxed set for Kill Team and cannot decide how I want to paint it. What I’m hoping for is a paint scheme that works well as an alien planet in Kill Team as while still being reasonably decent looking in an AoS themed board (I know this may not be possible). Bonus points if it also works with more traditional tree models on the board.

My current armies:

Stormcast (not based or realm specific yet, leaning towards realms of light or shadow).

Khorne: Realm of Metal (plus expanding to include all Chaos God factions, StD, EC, BoC).

Sylvaneth: Realm of Life (but may change to Shadow). 

Nighthaunt: Still undecided so unpainted, Realm of Death unlikely. 

My philosophy so far has been to base all models of a GA the same so they can easily ally together but I think moving forward I’ll just stick to themed armies and therefor base each faction by themselves (other than Chaos as I want it all to be realm of metal).

i looked ...and that's some freaky forest, i would have gone with perhaps...game of thrones weirwood colours i.e. white'ish trunks with red leaves 

as for the weird trees...not sure?. 

but really i'd say that AoS and 40k aren't that for apart in ways like crazy weird foliage :P

perhaps stay to some standard browns etc but add some crazy tones for the barbs or flowers...

Good Luck with it and post your results for us to see!! 

Cheers, MB   

Archived