Look out, Sir! ... or how the heck does this work!?!

Sir_Servo

Question

Hey all!

Finally taking the plunge into AoS and I’m sure I’ll have loads more questions throughout the coming weeks, but so far this is the biggest one before I sit down  to play.

I come from playing 40k since 2nd Ed and I played WHFB til 7th Ed. So my knowledge of games gets a bit blurred sometimes with all the rule sets jumbled up in my brain space.

I read the ‘Look out, Sir!’ Rule and I’m wanting to make sure I get this right. 

In AoS v2 you CAN shoot at a hero as long as you have range and line of sight, even if they are not the cloesest model? The only ‘penalty’ for targeting a non-monster hero that is within 3” of another enemy unit is just -1 to hit, is this correct? Seems a bit of a raw deal for character models then, especially ones that require being close to other units to boost/support them.

Thanks all!

Servo

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sir_Servo said:

Hey all!

Finally taking the plunge into AoS and I’m sure I’ll have loads more questions throughout the coming weeks, but so far this is the biggest one before I sit down  to play.

I come from playing 40k since 2nd Ed and I played WHFB til 7th Ed. So my knowledge of games gets a bit blurred sometimes with all the rule sets jumbled up in my brain space.

I read the ‘Look out, Sir!’ Rule and I’m wanting to make sure I get this right. 

In AoS v2 you CAN shoot at a hero as long as you have range and line of sight, even if they are not the cloesest model? The only ‘penalty’ for targeting a non-monster hero that is within 3” of another enemy unit is just -1 to hit, is this correct? Seems a bit of a raw deal for character models then, especially ones that require being close to other units to boost/support them.

Thanks all!

Servo

The requirement is to be within 3" of a unit of 3 or more models.  A -1 to his is great, but unlike WH40k, shooting is not nearly as prevalent.

Archived