Dark Sword Mini Store Experiences?

Hey guys,

im thinking about ordering some minis from darkswordminiatures.com

However im from Germany and they offer only a single shipping option with "limited tracking" that might not even be available depeding on the customers country. 

So before i place an order at their shop i wanted to ask if any of you (outside the US and Canada) have any experiences ordering from them (eg are they reliable, do orders go missing, did they get stuck at the customs office etc)?

Thank you in advance.

They've been around a long time.  I've never heard anything bad.  The largest delay will be with customs and them assessing VAT and the like.  I'd contact them and ask exactly what shipping methods are available for Germany.  Any that hand off to the local postal service will have the most reasonable brokerage charges and fees but will be slower.  Couriers will be expensive, have large additional brokerage charges but will be fast.

I used to work for an online store in another industry and shipping methods can change from year to year largely without consideration for how it impacts every destination country.  For example, when UPS offered us ridiculous discounts if we switched to them, we did.  Even though it caused large brokerage fees to be charged on some customers in some countries.  So even if someone says "I ordered from them a few times over the last few years and everything arrived quickly and without much customs charges" that may no longer be pertinent to how they ship now.

tldr - contact them and find out exactly what method they will use

Archived