The Tale of Mother Llegé: My Nighthaunt

S133arcanite

Hi, I made this blog in part to cover the painting of my nighthaunt, and in part to follow the creation of their background and lore.

Deep in the misty strands of time, back in the Age of Myth, Nagash, Supreme Lord of Undeath, set about devouring underworlds and minor death gods with the aim to conquer Shyish as his own realm. He succeeded, but he did not devour all of those he aimed to.

In the underworld of Hel’scrazar, one reserved for tortured souls, two death gods ruled supreme: the Grand Matriach Llegé, and the Almighty Patriach Scorczö, known collectively as the Deathly Wed. When the Undying King came to their kingdom, Llegé and Scorczö fought valiantly together, but, in the end, the Rattlebone Prince proved to strong. In one final battle, deep in the forest of Razzar in Hel’scrazar, Scorczö sacrificed himself in order for Llegé to live. Nagash destroyed Hel’scrazar, and devoured Scorczö, but Llegé survived. Pained and badly wounded, she fled to a forest in Ghur. She lives there to this day, drawing in souls from the nearby cities and slowly crafting an arming of spirits, in some hope of recreating the land in which she and her husband lived in. 

So, that’s the story corner finished, time for some pics! I have a cairn wraith, 10 hexwraiths and 3 spirit hosts unpainted, and am currently working on 4 glaivewraith stalkers: 

Still WIP, but I hope to have the finished results by next week. I’ll post my 2000 point army list soon, and probably some more lore. 

Thanks for looking, and please like and subscr...  on second thoughts, just like!image.jpg.494149f94dbfe758b6b5c3c005595d12.jpgimage.jpg.d4b04cf31abbd57850df4fa78c9d9ce7.jpg

This is my current 2000 point army list:

Mother Llegé (as represented on the battlefield by Lady Olynder)

Dreadblade Harrow

Dreadblade Harrow

Cairn Wraith

10 Grimghast Reapers

10 Grimghast Reapers

4 Glaivewraiths

4 Glaivewraiths

5 Hexwraiths

5 Hexwraiths

Black Coach

3 Spirit Hosts

Death Stalkers

Death Riders

Aethervoid Pendulum

Chronomantic Cogs

Critiscism welcome, as always ( be kind!), thanks for looking!

These are 4 Glaivewraths, as promised. Still WIP, but getting there.

The leader (the one with the non-covered head) was once a notorious gladiator in the Khanite pits of Glymmnsforge. His trio of followers are the souls of those he slew in life.

Sorry for the bad photos, thanks for looking!

image.jpg.e7192c842c2f29a1fe9bf5d8726f3ca8.jpgimage.jpg.3063f2049d0cd8796e3cec83ec1a5312.jpg

Some more Lore:

It is said that the servants of Mother Llegé are eternally crying for the loss of their mistress’s home, but that their tears manifest themselves not in drops of water, but of blood. The villagers say you can hear them wailing at night, if only you listen. It is a shrill sound, like the cawing of birds, and it can drive a mortal mad. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It is a strange place, that forest. Filled with whisperghiests and rattle-bones. People who go in there don't come out in their right mind."

- Ghazse-of-Eirkio

@ManyBothans Thanks, I was thinking about doing them different anyway. As I'm on holiday, I don't have a full range of paints, but when I get home I will probably base them differently, a kind-of-forest theme, half-inspired by  the Warhammer Community article about Tony's LoN.

Some lore:

The forest is dark, inside. Like its greater brethren Gorch, Aazsh's canopy is so thick, no light can penetrate it. Some people make their home in Aazsh; strange people, the neighbouring tribes say. People forgotten and forsaken by the gods. The people who live in Aazsh abide by strange rules, and isolate themselves from anyone else. They eat root-creatures of the trees, and they drink rainwater collected in great cups made from the leaves of grave-roses. It is said by some, but widely disregarded by sane folk, that these people trade with the skaven and other nefarious creatures, and it is whispered by old wise-men that they made peace with the spirits of the forest around them by selling their souls to the Deathly Wed long ago.

What few people know, however, is that these... people... are forsaken by none other than Sigmar himself. He was disgusted by them, and cast them out from his golden halls in Azyr. They were once the God-King's silver-clad warriors; now they are the Shadelings: Those Forgotten by the Storm.

And on that happy note, thanks for looking!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Witch's finger, burned to the core,

Flesh of a bark-worm, eaten raw,

Put in a cauldron, when the sky is black,

This shall keep the ghiests well back!"

- Duraniahn ward against Nighthaunts

So I've thought up of a name for the forest where Mother Llegé (Llegé pronounced like Yegay, by the way) lives (Aazsh), and some of the inhabitants of said forest (shadelings), but I'd like to flesh out how the villagers nearby survive and protect themselves from Aazsh's horrors.

The shriekerghasts in the service of Mother Llegé are multiple and manifold, and it takes strong will and extreme precautions in order to live near them. The village of Duraniah, in the far east of Aazsh, near the Coast of Tusks and three days ride from Excelsis, has devised many hexes and loci to protect itself from the Undead; some potent, others... less so. From making the sign of the Hammer before sleep, to hanging dream-eaters from doorways, the matriarchs of the village have made certain that every precaution has been taken. Yet still, the phantoms relent.

What few Duraniahns know is that the children of Llegé attack not from without, but from within. Using the lesser known Nighthaunts known as Whisperghiests, the spiteful phantasms terrorise the village with no aim in mind, only the pleasure of drinking in the fear. Unlike other processions, The Children of Mother Llegé do not wish to bring souls back to the underworld, thus giving Nagash more spiritual ammunition. On the rare occasions where they do march to war, it is under not the banner of Nagash, but of the Deathly Wed.

Thanks for looking!

Archived