Seraphon - Sunblood Ferocious Rage Ability Question.

SolomonHelsing

Question

Hi,

I've recently gotten a Sunblood as I liked the model and wanted something that could deal with a horde relatively well by itself. 

Now looking at Ghyrstrike, as I will often have them hail from Ghyran due to their basing, and I like the artefacts. with its +1 To hit and To Wound rolls, combined with the Ferocious Rage Ability, would mean I dish out D3 Wounds/Damage on 5's and 6's right? 

Ability text: 

If the hit roll for one of this model's attacks is 6 or higher, make D3 wound rolls rather than 1. If the wound roll for one of this model's attacks is 6 or higher, it causes D3 Damage rather than 1.

There's not been any FAQ's to change this to say unmodified to hit roll, and i've read through all of the rulebook to see if abilities activated before modifiers and can't see anything to say so. So would this be a correct interpretation of the ability with that artefact? 

Having re-read this just now, I've just realised it says one rather than any, so this would just affect one hit roll/wound roll being a 5 or 6 in fact, rather than any/all? 

2 answers to this question

10 hours ago, SolomonHelsing said:

Hi,

I've recently gotten a Sunblood as I liked the model and wanted something that could deal with a horde relatively well by itself. 

Now looking at Ghyrstrike, as I will often have them hail from Ghyran due to their basing, and I like the artefacts. with its +1 To hit and To Wound rolls, combined with the Ferocious Rage Ability, would mean I dish out D3 Wounds/Damage on 5's and 6's right? 

Ability text: 

There's not been any FAQ's to change this to say unmodified to hit roll, and i've read through all of the rulebook to see if abilities activated before modifiers and can't see anything to say so. So would this be a correct interpretation of the ability with that artefact? 

Having re-read this just now, I've just realised it says one rather than any, so this would just affect one hit roll/wound roll being a 5 or 6 in fact, rather than any/all? 

It's absolutely a correct interpretation. Also, the 'one' in the description doesn't limit - it's just explaining single hits multiply up.

Just remember it only applies to the warmace, not his shield and claws ( unless for some reason you want it the other way around?!)

3 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

It's absolutely a correct interpretation. Also, the 'one' in the description doesn't limit - it's just explaining single hits multiply up.

Just remember it only applies to the warmace, not his shield and claws ( unless for some reason you want it the other way around?!)

Great ok thanks, and yes thinking of it now that does make sense for the wording of it. 

Yes I was just applying it to warmace as that's how I read it first time round. 

Thanks 

Archived