Custom Rules: Wraith Fleet, Legion of Night "subfaction"

kenshin620

I find it a shame that GW seems to have really ignored the Firestorm allegiances, with the only usable ones being Order and Destruction since those 2 GA have many allegiance-less factions. The other two GA Firestorm factions though have so little reason for existing now since they each have proper allegiances that are clearly superior. Looking at the rules for The Wraith Fleet, it basically is a weak "beta version" of Legion of Night (which I think is why they never reprinted it in LoN, despite still reprinting GA Death and Soulblight).

So why not make Wraith Fleet a subfaction (like a Stormhost or Tamurkhan's Horde) of Legion of Night (yes this isn't exactly to lore, but their abilities are just too similar)! I just want it to feel a tad more "piratey". So essentially you use all the typical rules for Legion of Night, with these tacked on rules alongside a forced Command Trait and Artifact.

ABILITIES

Nimbus of Shrieking Spirits: Unchanged from the original Wraithfleet rules.

(note: I can't really think of anything for the army wide ability. Unless perhaps a Shanghai'd ability? More ambush units?)

Command Ability

Wraithfleet Bombardment: You can use this ability in your hero phase. If you do, once per game select up to 3 enemy units within 18" of a Wraithfleet Hero and roll a D6 for each. On a 3+, those units suffer D3 Mortal Wounds. On a roll of a 6 however, the unit suffers D6 Mortal Wounds.

(note: Undead pirates have undead cannons!)

Command Trait

Captain of the Wraithfleet: If the HERO is not a Behemoth, it may be set up in ambush with the Ageless Cunning rule without counting towards the 3 unit limit. However It must deploy at the same time and within 3" of another unit deploying with Ageless Cunning.

(note: Incentivizes to use a non zombie dragon general)

Artifact of Power

Wraithlock Pistols: In your shooting phase, pick an enemy unit within 12" and roll a D6. On a 4+, that unit suffers D3 Mortal Wounds. If the roll is a 6, you may choose which models the wounds are allocated to.

(Note: Gives a "pistol" to the hero that can occasionally allow you to snipe particular models).

Archived