Scions of the Storm and battalions

Somanlius

Question

Just a quick question about the Stormcast alligence ability and battalions. For example, if i took Hammerstrike Force battalion, could I place the entire battalion in Ayzr at once with Scions of the Storm? Or would I have to put each individual unit in Ayzr?

4 answers to this question

You can set up 1 unit in reserve using Scions of the Storm for every unit you have deployed on the table.

That means if you have a battalion of 5 units you can place them all in reserve as long as there are 5 other units already deployed on the table.

If you’ve met that criteria they can all be placed into reserve using Scions of the Storm as a single drop.

I also had the same question and asked in the general Order SCE thread.

The response in that thread was that you follow the normal sequence but place them as one drop.

Place one unit on the board. 

Place one battalion unit in the scion.

Place one battalion unit in on the board.

Place one battalion unit in the scion.

Place one battalion unit on the board.

Place one unit in the scion.

Not sure how to interpret it as both scenarios seem technically right? 

Sort of.

Being a warscroll battalion means you can drop multiple *units* at the same time.

(That shouldn't muddy the definition of "unit".)

The wording on Scions of the Storm simply means you can choose to set up each *unit* on the board or in Azyr or on the board.

Being even pickier the wording on Scions of the storm, you can't have more more units in Azyr than are on the board at *any* point.

So both options are correct because they're just similar methods of not breaking those rules.

Archived