Nighthaunt "Wave of terror" 2000 Pts

Vatel

Hi guys. 

I started collecting a Nighaunt army a few month back, but waited AOS V2 to build my list. Now here we are. 
At first view, I was expeting a bit of diversity, as they added some new interesting unit and batallion.  Actually, most of the lists rely on the same combo Olynder- Spirit torment- Gardian of souls - chainrasp. 
It might bee the most efficient choice, but I was expecting a bit more of fun. 

I was wondering if the following "combo" could be playable. I intend to build my list arround the following core

-Nighaunt battle trait Wave of terror When a Nighhaunt unit makes an unmodified charge roll of 10+. The charging unit can immediately fight, and can still fight again in the following combat phase.

By taking the Deahtriders battalion (i.e. 1 dreadblade Harrow, 2 units of Hexwraith, 1 black coach) you gain the following advantage

-Add 1 to charge rolls for units in this battalion 

AND 

-an unmodified charge roll of 9+ allows the unit to fight immediately (replaces allegiance ability).  It brings the probability of triggering this ability to more or less 25 % 

I think it becomes  interesting with the ability for dreadblade harrows to retreat and fight in the same phase. It means more chance to gain a "free" attack round. 

Moreover, with all my "dead raising" abilities, i'm pretty sure to keep a good firepower on my spirit hosts or Dreadblade harrows. 

here is the list, any opinions ? 

Allegiance: Death

LEADERS

Dreadblade Harrow (100) - Artefact : Midnight Tome

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed (140) - General - Artefact : Pendant of the Fell Wind

Spirit Torment (120)

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140) - Infernal Lantern (Artefact) : Beacon of Nagashizzar

UNITS

5 x Hexwraiths (160)

5 x Hexwraiths (160)

9 x Spirit Hosts (360

) 10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

BEHEMOTHS

Black Coach (280)

BATTALIONS

Deathriders (130)

ENDLESS SPELLS Soulsnare Shackles (20)

(I also apologize for my grammar mistakes as english is not my native language. )

i dont see the point of spending all the points to get a battalion if you are only taking the 2 min units of hexwraiths, which are the models that best benefit from the battalion. Only models in the battalion get the battalion modifier, not the whole army if that is what you were thinking.

Imo the harrow is a better choice as a general as his relocation ability allows for you to reposition mid game then use the NH command ability to bring a unit with him.

On the flip side, knight of shrouds doesn’t really gain much from being a general. 

I would also find points for Reikenor and cogs. The extra charge range from the cogs fits in well with the theme of the army and Reikenor offers a ton of value for his points cost. 

Also you have too many artifacts.

Archived