1000 point competitive mixed death list help please

fanatical-mushroom-addict

Hi there, I routinely smash a friend of mine using kroak troglodon summon spam and he needs some help with his death. I can’t think of a super competitive 1000 point list using he models we have. Please can you help. I don’t play death so I don’t know what’s good and bad.

we have:

arkhan, reikenor the grimhailer, soul wars, 40 skeletons, 2 vamp lords one mounted one winged, necromancer, corpse cart, wight king, zombie dragon/terrorgheist, 10 ghouls and 5 direwolves. I think that’s it.we don’t care about minimum maximum sized units and calculate points per model for undersized units. Going slightly over or under 1000 is fine and they don’t need to be legions of Nagash or allies or whatever we don’t play competitively (until I pulled out kroak). I get we have a lot but I’m sure the bust me some kind of competitive list from these. The zombie dragon model can be used as a vampire lord in zombie dragon if needed.

please help the stomps aren’t fun for everyone and I’d rather be matched my list than I nerf or not use my one

1 hour ago, fanatical-mushroom-addict said:

Hi there, I routinely smash a friend of mine using kroak troglodon summon spam and he needs some help with his death. I can’t think of a super competitive 1000 point list using he models we have. Please can you help. I don’t play death so I don’t know what’s good and bad.

we have:

arkhan, reikenor the grimhailer, soul wars, 40 skeletons, 2 vamp lords one mounted one winged, necromancer, corpse cart, wight king, zombie dragon/terrorgheist, 10 ghouls and 5 direwolves. I think that’s it.we don’t care about minimum maximum sized units and calculate points per model for undersized units. Going slightly over or under 1000 is fine and they don’t need to be legions of Nagash or allies or whatever we don’t play competitively (until I pulled out kroak). I get we have a lot but I’m sure the bust me some kind of competitive list from these. The zombie dragon model can be used as a vampire lord in zombie dragon if needed.

please help the stomps aren’t fun for everyone and I’d rather be matched my list than I nerf or not use my one

Have you tried not using a cheesy list at 1000 points against your friend? Are you still curb stomping him after Kroak was brought down to marginally overpowered as opposed to far and away the best unit in the game?

As for serious advice:

40 Skeletons (280)

a Necromancer (110)

5 Dire Wolves (60)

a Vampire lord on Zombie Dragon (440)

and an Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Saving ~70 points so you can resummon the skeletons, use the VL buff, and use the insane bravery to protect from a bad battleshock might make for a more fun game if you are insisting on cheesing summoning against your friend.

If I can’t find a list that beats it we’ve agreed for me to use another list Its just I’d rather we both use what we want to use rather than I nerf my list. Thanks for the help I’ll think about using the vamp lord on zombie dragons with the skeletons that sounds like a brutal combo. We don’t have endless spells but those extra points could be put to good use I bet. Thanks

24 minutes ago, fanatical-mushroom-addict said:

If I can’t find a list that beats it we’ve agreed for me to use another list Its just I’d rather we both use what we want to use rather than I nerf my list. Thanks for the help I’ll think about using the vamp lord on zombie dragons with the skeletons that sounds like a brutal combo. We don’t have endless spells but those extra points could be put to good use I bet. Thanks

Additionally, if you instead wanted almost no chance of winning, if he used the zombie dragon as Prince Vhordrai, he could just mortal wound you off the face of the board before obliterating units at will in combat. Remember, death banners and allegiance abilities often reduce leadership, and Kroak at -2 almost automatically dies to the 6 Mortal wounds of the Prince's breath weapon. 

But, powerful named characters like that aren't really thematic or fun in 1000 point games, since seraphon wouldn't really be able to counter that under any circumstances, especially seeing as they are ceding objectives to 40 skeletons that will get to attack twice probably losing to the battleplan even if they could eventually bring the Prince down.

Well, bringing the broken cheese and then wondering, why the games are kinda one-sided...

vhordrai in a legion of night list and an necromancer on vortex to cast overwhelming dread and suddenly it’s less fun for you...

or he could just take Nagash, 2x5 wolves, flying swords and a pendulum. vile transference, the orb, overwhelming dread as spells... 

Archived