A little bit of this and that

Redking

7 hours ago, Redking said:

This weekend was more building than painting.  I finished the highlights on my next batch of 10 Witch Aelves and I think the skin came out a little better.  I also built the Cauldron, but haven’t figure out how I want magnetize the Hag and Slaghter Priestess.  Their feet a really small.  I watched the video online and bought 3mmx2mm magnets, but their feet are really small...

I’ll keep looking at it and figure something out.

33B8A111-33F4-498C-AE37-DE33EA4FD3AE.jpeg

74B6BA43-6FA9-49FF-A2D0-0F52A961C1A8.jpeg

Great stuff! Are thes bases done with a flagstone roller like you said before? I never used one but this would be perfect for a project I’m planning. 

Any tips on how to use and what you used? 

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Great stuff! Are thes bases done with a flagstone roller like you said before? I never used one but this would be perfect for a project I’m planning. 

Any tips on how to use and what you used? 

Thanks.  They are the Shattered dominion Bases.  I airbrushed Stormvermin Fur and added some spots on Stegadonscale Green.  Shaded Nuln Oil.  Then drybrushed Dawnstone and Administratum Grey.

• 5 weeks later...

I did finally finish the last batch of 10 (no pic yet) to bring the first unit to 30.  However, I need a break from painting the Daughters.  Recently, a friend was really interested in my Kharadrons, which I really didn’t like the play style.  So, I picked up his 8e Ghoul army in trade.  A terrorgeist, 3 horrors, and 140 ghouls all in boxes that he has had for quite a while.  I also picked up Carrion Empires and while I don’t need any more ghouls, I will probably eventually pick up some Start Collectings.

I figured out a paint scheme that I like.  Prime Corax White and shade Anthonian mixed with Lahmia.  Drybrush Reaper Master Series Bloodless Skin, then 50/50 Blooodless and Pallid Wych Flesh, and finally a light Pallid Wych on the face and upper parts.  Fur is Dryad Bark and bones Ushtabi.  Then a thinned Carroburg Crimson on the hands.

The bases were the longest part with drysrushing the Agrellan Earth.  I need to find a grey crackle paint.

54531863-1453-414B-87F0-3E81C726CCB9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It’s been a while since I have posted, I have a few updates. My summer vacation is almost up and I have mostly been focusing on getting stuff painted that has been sitting around.  Although, I have found some time to start some new projects.  Let’s start with Nurgle.  I tried to get back into Fantasy 8e with the End Times because the models and rules were awesome.  Then by the time, I got my army ready to play, Fantasy died.  I was mad and didn’t try AoS for quite a while.  However, I did not get rid of my stuff like most people.

When the Rotbringers book came out, I started rebasing my Nurgle daemons.  This summer, I got around to finishing the Glotkin, painting the Blightkings that sat in my cabinet for years, and painting a GUO that has sat around for a year.

3A5FA999-6080-4F7F-9D03-DC132E598909.jpeg

14C4A1F0-4DFF-4222-8032-AA73F9CCDC9D.jpeg

EC9EBCCE-BE62-41B0-B67F-5CA061DBB190.jpeg

• Like 4

Next up are some Khorne Daemons.  When I got into AoS, I started with the starter and Khorne SC.  It has grown significantly and I finally got around to the Damon SC that has sat in the cabinet for 2 years.  I also added some flesh hounds from Wrath and Rapture.  Now, I just need to finish the other 2 halves of W&R.  The Bloodmaster was converted to a standing position from the Bloodthrone kit.

6923C6B2-F9AF-4ABF-8ED3-98C78691350C.jpeg

5A08DA5B-D7E9-4DA6-8A23-D8F26F1D221B.jpeg

• Like 2

I also worked on my DoK Medusai.  I tried some of the new contrast paints on the snake bodies, but kept with my original scheme on the top.  For the Blood Stalkers bows, I painted them Leadbelcher, then added Akhelian Green, and drybrushed Necron Compound.  This would be a good color for Alpha Legion, but I would add some medium to the green.  Just need to paint 20 Witches, 10 Sisters, 20 Khinari, and 2 Cauldrons.

DF03A0E5-7862-4D31-A2BB-34D3F3ECE3F2.jpeg

2233F872-5607-43DC-97ED-57E55B3A153E.jpeg

A2829FB3-C6B0-40CA-8A08-89E7548E37EE.jpeg

• Like 3

I picked up Shadespire when it first came out, but no one was playing.  Recently, some friends decided to give it a try and I got back in with the Godsworn Hunt.  I decided to paint the starter factions.  For the Nighthaunts, I modified the Warhammer TV monochrome tutorial to introduce a little color.  Now I want to paint a Nighthaunt army...

283FB87F-E120-4B8F-B171-5E769EA685C9.jpeg

FDEAF8E1-CD78-4508-A236-C4F1692FFA5A.jpeg

• Like 2

Now, I did start something new.  I’ve always liked the Fyreslayers, but have been hesitant to give it a go.  With the new book and the White Dwarf additions, I picked up a few things.  The Magmadroth is painted almost entirely with contrast paint and took about 6 hours.  The Father and Son are magnetized, so I can switch them out.  Eventually, I would like to get two more SC’s and have another magnetized and a Smiter on one in the black paint scheme.  We’ll get there eventually.  I’m currently working on some Grimwraths and 2 units of Auric Hearthguard that I found cheap on eBay.

C61DFF1C-DFEA-490B-BC07-BC0BD1C8034C.jpeg

F79B224A-F3B8-4ABA-BFBD-6D05749992CC.jpeg

• Like 2

So, apparently there were issues with my entry for Everchosen.  The store wasn’t following the rules appropriately, I guess.  I thought I entered the open competition, but they had everything lumped together.  I don’t know.  I was just trying to help get more entries.  Anyway, I probably should have just entered something smaller, but it was the army I had with me.

On to another update.  I finished painting the first 5 Auric Hearthguard.  I also finished 2 Grimwraths, but need to base them.  For the bases, I’m using the Shattered Dominion painted metallics.  I also gave lava flow a little try.  Because the metallics were too overwhelming, I added the new Mordant Earth and added some Fuegan to the cracks.

03BD3F60-FA23-44B3-BB00-3DB22F07E98B.jpeg

54765B5C-DDF5-4777-A2AF-F500BF59C41E.jpeg

These two were started a while ago, but I just finished them.  School starts back up for me on Monday and I’m trying to knock out all of the unfinished stuff sitting around.

For the Lord Arcanum, I tried some contrast for the Grif-Charger.  I wanted to try Volupus Pink for the body and Magos Purple for the feathers.  The pink was way too dark, even thinned down.  As I tried to highlight it, it just started to look like a big wad of Hubba Bubba.  So, I went back with Warpfied Grey and Slaanesh Grey to tone it down.  It looks a lot better.

I’ve had Horticulus sitting in the cabinet since Blightwar came out.  I’m not a fan of the model, but now I only have Bloab to paint and all of my Nurgle is complete.  Although, I probably need another unit of Blight Kings.

9B873BE5-E46F-473C-9B1B-109A21E37D42.jpeg

FCD2E322-C63D-4B31-8524-44C8A2392222.jpeg

• Like 1