Wound allocation and Deathless Spirits

Somnicide

Question

Hey there, I have a quick question about the Nighthaunt ability Deathless Spirits. 

So, let’s say I have a unit of 10 Chainrasps and have 5 wounds to allocate after armor saves. Is the correct way to do it as A or B?

A. Roll five dice and get one 6, leaving 4 wounds. I then remove the 4 models I choose and can maintain coherency. 

B. Allocate the wounds to five specific models, roll one at a time and get a 6 on a model that leaves 2 out of coherency which I then have to remove at the end of the turn.

Thanks!

8F8B6FC7-2434-44E0-A027-A91B59206942.jpeg

2 answers to this question

Technically neither, as you resolve allocating wounds one at a time.

In terms of block rolling, as all models have the same ability, you can roll all the 'saves' then remove as you see fit - think about it.

Ifyou didn't want to remove Bob who was maintaining coherency in the middle of the unit, why would you have allocated a wound to him before everything else had been removed?

Block rolling just speeds up that process.

4 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Technically neither, as you resolve allocating wounds one at a time.

In terms of block rolling, as all models have the same ability, you can roll all the 'saves' then remove as you see fit - think about it.

Ifyou didn't want to remove Bob who was maintaining coherency in the middle of the unit, why would you have allocated a wound to him before everything else had been removed?

Block rolling just speeds up that process.

Okay awesome thanks. I was missing the individual dice roll part!

Archived