Greetings from Germany

beta

Hello!

Long time gamer here. Mostly playing skirmish systems and 40k (on and off).
With the new edition I want to tip my toes into AoS (in honor of my very first days of tabletop gaming with 5th edition WHF) and since this was the biggest community I could find...well...here I am :)

I haven't really decided what to play yet. Im leaning towards Maggotkin, since I can use most of the models for 40k and my Death Guard, but I'm not really satified with the list building so far. So I'm still open for recommendations :) (with the following restrictions: no Orks, no Battletome mix and match, preferably not too horde heavy).

3 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Maggotkin are in a really good spot right now and they have the duality that some of it can be used in 40k which is really nice.

What sort of playstyle do you like / what armies do you like the look of so far? 

I've looked again at all the models und data I could find (especially data on factions you can play with less models) and I settled on Nighthaunt.
Yes I can't play them in 40K and my Death Guard, but I jsut love the models. Plus I can easily play them with only a few models. They seem to be resilient and mobile...everything I like :)
Can't wait for the Battletome

Since I have 200+ models (from other systems) waiting to be painted I'll take the quick route and go for Shades, Glazes and  GW Technical Colors (I love them for some quick and good looking effects especially if you have to paint lots of similar models). Maybe some of the characters will see a bit more love and detail.

Archived