Road to Deamonhood [Maggotkin of Nurgle competitive list]

TheUnknownGuy

Hi guys,

I'm trying to build a competitive list of Nurgle Deamons, based on dealing mortal wounds throughout the game.

Here is the list

Rotigus

Great Unclean One w/ dagger & bell

Sorcerer with Plague Squall

Poxbringer

3x30 plaguebearers

120 spare points for another hero, some marauders etc.. (to be continued because of the points changes that come with 2nd edition)

The purpose of this army is to tie things up in the middle of the board with plaguebearers, then spamming mortal wounds with Rotigus's Deluge Of Nurgle, GUO's Plague Wind, Sorcerer's Plague Squall and Poxbringer's Eruptive Infestation.

Sprinkle that with the Nurgle's Wheel that can deal mortal wounds every turn.

This list will be tested this week, I will make a retex.

What do you guys think, have you already tested this kind of list ?

I'm not convinced there's enough killing power in this list for a competitive army. I get the idea with mass mortal wounds but AoS will never be as efficient as 40k smite spam. (Though even that is getting toned down) 

You should probably down the last 120 points on a Rotbringers Sorcerer and throw Blades of Putrifaction and Grandfather's Joy on whatever unit of Plaguebearers is tied up in melee. 

Again for competitive lists you generally want to remove as many random variables as possible (I know, the game is all about random chance) so I'm a bit concerned by the fact that your big damage spells are all 7 to cast. Granted 7 is the highest rolled number statistically speaking across 2d6, but it's still high :P

Second edition might breathe some new life into this list with Lore of Life and summoning but we'll see. 

Its funny, I don't normally go for the knife on the GUO, but if any list needs it it's this one. :P

Well I got to play 1 game against Idoneth, and yeah I didn't got enough damage.

The spells are just too much random to get the mortal wounds flowing, with some mistakes, I lost the game.

I will certainly try 2 or 3 more games without changing the list, but I think I isn't the right way to build Nurgle.

I just loved the idea of an army that just kills the enemy with raining Junk xD

Competitive daemon lists all seem to take plague drones to combo with a blades of putrefaction caster, bell Guo is handy for the speed he gives out, plague toads are also a good tar pit unit to bring along, just some ideas...

Archived