GHoN Vs Maggotkin 2K

Dracothjay

So I haven’t really played against maggotkin yet, but I’m aware of their mortal wound output and their -1 to hit shenanigans. I’ve tried to come up with something that protects me from mortal wounds and to also give my army some solid aggression:

VL  FLYING HORROR- general - lord of nagashizaar - vile transference 

VLoZD - amathystine pinions

NECROMANCER - ossific diadem - overwhelming dread

NECROMANCER - fading vigour

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

40 skeletons

20 grave guard 

2 morghast archai - spirit halberds 

balewind vortex

To sum it up, I’ve chosen lord of nagashizaar for my VL flying horror as I’m running a lot of deathrattle so having the flexibility to give either my GG or skeletons an extra attack is a bonus.

My necro has the diadem to help my skellies and GG have an extra 6+ save, which is crucial (I’m aware it won’t make much difference but it’s something ay!?)

wolves to cap objectives/screen

morghast archai for extra attacks and a nice 5+ against mortal wounds

balewind vortex to allow one of my necro’s to apply pressure from range with spells (overwhelming dread necro would be good on this)

one concern, which necro would be best to have the vortex? The one that doesn’t have the artefact? I wouldn’t want my ossific diadem to be out of range.

OR, I drop the vortex and replace the VLoZD for prince vohdrai with pinions instead?

I think it’s going to be alright. Played 1k (night) against Rotigus and plaquebearers and the MW spam was rough but manageable. Of course the vampire took 4 damage, so had to use his chalice early and the necromancer was down to one wound end of 4th round...

might want to consider going for the orb on your VLoZD, since he is going to be kinda in the middle of it.

Would keep the vortex, the double range for overwhelming dread is exactly the back up your dragon lord needs, while plowing through your opponent.

49 minutes ago, Honk said:

might want to consider going for the orb on your VLoZD, since he is going to be kinda in the middle of it.

I was thinking this, but I also chose pinions for movement to garauntee me a charge on a unit or needing to cover ground faster. 7 to cast also and 4+ to actually do any D6 damage can be unreliable. U think I should role with orb?

40 minutes ago, Dracothjay said:

U think I should role with orb?

I think you’re an experienced enough player to know better than me... xD

I just had my orb moment with Nagash ( railgunning through a mawcrusher, boyz and a big boss doing 17MW). I know, it was a 9+ with more luck than  I deserve...

Not even sure if a „heal spell“ might be interesting to keep him alive

43 minutes ago, Honk said:

I think you’re an experienced enough player to know better than me...

I wouldn’t go as far to say that! But I am a sucker for reliable casting. Without -+1/2 to casting I’d rather go for the 5+ pinions. But, as they say, risk vs reward....I’ll guve it some thought. 

I have gone for vile transference on my VL on foot, so I might actually try the orb. Counter my opponents mortal wounds with my mortal wounds!

So here’s my final revised list:

PRINCE VOHDRAI - amethystine pinions

VL FLYING HORROR - general - lord of nagashizaar - vile transference 

NECRO - fading vigour 

NECRO - overwhelming dread - ossific diadem

40 skeletons

5 wolves

5 wolves

20 grave guard - great blades

2 morghast archai - spirit halberds

Oh and whatch our for a bunch of debuff spells on his side!!!

I ambushed in 4 harbringers with halberds and rotigus or the herald debuffed them into elite-pillow-fighter (beloved poxes or smt.: -1 hit/wound/save)  

i think they kinda play like undead, but better (maybe i just suck but...) 

basetroops meeh but hard to bring down with -1 to hit and 5++ save regaining on a battleshock of 1

heros buffing Troops to hit better, move&charge and debuff the enemy

fast hardhitting Elite with loads of hp, remember run&charge possible, tree is set up at the end of the movement phase 

nurglings you ignore them, they kick you in the nuts. Resilient speedbumbs from terrain for ambush. they heal all damage if you don’t wipe them out( wish our spirits could do that) with save and 5++...

global weather catastrophe: rotigus stupid rainspell (7d6, 4+ is d3 mw per unit all across the board can severely mess up your guys) together with the wheel, which can be set by a simple spell for another d3 wounds on 4+ For d3 units... that means your vamps dor example might get hit with up to 6 mw in one hero phase all across the board.

And some ability to force you to reroll to hit 6s... O.o

Enough whining, I sadly only got a draw.

wipe that stupid filth of the board!

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Soooo... kicked any stinking pestilenced degenerated blubber yet?!?

I certainly did!!

scenario: scorched earth.

so basically I charged my morghasts and vohdrai down a flank, killing 10 blight kings, a nurgle hero variant and 4 plague drones.

my grave guard killed his GUO and my skellies whittled down the plague bearers. 

I lost 40 skeletons and 4 morghast, my opponent lost everything bar 5 blight kings and a poxbringer.

victory to me 19-17 on objective points!! 

My MVP’s:

1) prince vohdrai mystic shield himself every turn and took literally minimal damage, tanking 4 drones all by himself. He is a beast and I have to use him again.

2) Grave guard. These guys blended the ****** out of anything they touched. With lord of nagashizaar and my VL command ability, my GG were pumping out 81 attacks. Like I said, they blended!!

Archived