Any tips for a three player Firestorm campaign?

Sith'ari

Hi guys!

So as the title says, my two gaming buddies and myself are looking at grabbing the Firestorm box for our next campaign and we’re wondering how it’ll play with only three players? Do any of you lovely folks have any experience with three player firestorm, or any tips to boost our campaign fun?

Cheers!

Well I cant help with 3, our group is going into the 4th and final month of gaming for Firestorm campaign. We did a escalation based version. Each marshaling point = 50/75/75/100 points per to build. Over all its a lot of fun, and the only rule we had was get 3 games in each month with every other person. Winner is most glory.

Things we learned. If you want to escalate, do points of 40/60/80/100 over 4 months. Our method was pretty crappy as 2 months sizes didn't change.

Remove the auto win functionality of the staff you can create. Auto win a campaign is stupid

Careful on the secrete mission cards. The rules don't go over scoring them very well. In short our one playing chained a few and scored a ton of glory after a battle. He basically won the campaign already but we are doing the last month for funs.

We are also about to embark on a three player version of the campaign. As we have our armies made and painted I think we won’t bother with escalation rules. I think we will go with a six month campaign with a battle against each other every month, we don’t get to meet that often. I’d be very interested to hear from others who have played this.

Archived