New player looking to start... a second army, but I lack knowledge about other armies.

Gnartar

My first draft was way too long so I'll just get to it.

I'm looking for something that plays very different than Legion of Nagash and Legion of Night. Those are the main alliances that I have used so far when I play.

My group has a SC player and a KO/Fireslayer player and to a lesser degree a Chaos Khorne player (? I've only played with him once), so I would like do use something they don't already play.

I know the rule of cool and all, but I have an issue where I like most everything about AoS , so I just want somthing that plays different that I what I have right now.

Lots of choices out there that are very different than what Death offers (most actually).

On the Destruction front you have Gutbusters, Beastclaw Raiders, and Ironzawz. All 3 are very elite armies. The first two have access to some range to mix with their close combat, but IJ is pure melee sans allies.

Tzeentch can be very fun. They can be elite or swarmy. They have a wide selection of ranged, melee, and magic oriented troops. They also have a huge selection of units available (probably as much as out entire GA), with Arcanites, Tzeentch Daemons, Tzeentch marcked Slaves to Darkness units, and Archaon on his mega dragon.

Overlords might be another choice, as a semi elite army with a focus or ranged combat (about as far as you can get from undead).

The Deepkin might be another option, pending their rules.

If I may suggest, perhaps try Wanderers?  They are by far one of the fastest moving armies in the game, bar none, and can literally skip around the table while unleashing hellish amounts of fire power. They really don't play like any other army, as they are pretty much the ultimate glass cannon. They are also almost entirely ranged based, with only a few notable exceptions. The other thing is that Wanderers also have some of the most useful and interesting command traits. 

Only problem is, is that if you want to play competitive, your looking at big hordes of Glade Guard and a few other units.

Archived