Bravery

Bohemond

Question

Hi.

Apparently I hade completely overlooked this rule, but the battleshock-rules say that you can: "Add 1 to the Bravery characteristic being used for every 10 models that are in the unit when the [battleshock] test is taken."

This bonus is only applied during battleshock and does not count against other things, such as a Terrorgheist's shriek-attack. This may seem straight forward, but I am still slightly confused by this rule.

I will use Clanrats as an example by my confusion. Clanrats have a bravery characteristic of 4, and a minimum size unit of Clanrats compose of 20 models. If we ingore the fact that to actually trigger battleshock, this unit would have to loose models in combat and thus miss some or all of its bravery-bonus, does this rule mean that a unit of 20 Clanrats start out with 6 bravery versus battleshock? Will a unit of Clanrats have 4 bravery in the battleshock phase only if the unit is reduced to less than 10 models? Or should the bravery-bonus be applied only for every 10 models beyond the minimum unit size?

Thanks for your answers.

1 answer to this question

3 minutes ago, Bohemond said:

Hi.

Apparently I hade completely overlooked this rule, but the battleshock-rules say that you can: "Add 1 to the Bravery characteristic being used for every 10 models that are in the unit when the [battleshock] test is taken."

This bonus is only applied during battleshock and does not count against other things, such as a Terrorgheist's shriek-attack. This may seem straight forward, but I am still slightly confused by this rule.

I will use Clanrats as an example by my confusion. Clanrats have a bravery characteristic of 4, and a minimum size unit of Clanrats compose of 20 models. If we ingore the fact that to actually trigger battleshock, this unit would have to loose models in combat and thus miss some or all of its bravery-bonus, does this rule mean that a unit of 20 Clanrats start out with 6 bravery versus battleshock? Will a unit of Clanrats have 4 bravery in the battleshock phase only if the unit is reduced to less than 10 models? Or should the bravery-bonus be applied only for every 10 models beyond the minimum unit size?

Thanks for your answers.

You're massively overthinking it - just play exactly as written.

When you have to take a battleshock test, you get +1 bravery for every full 10 models in the unit.

Archived