2k Pure BCR - Potential for competitive play?

BradReligion

Morning folks,

Just throwing a 2000 point pure Beastclaw list at you for your opinions. Being honest, the aim is to be competitive in a broad sense, while still calling the list "BCR". The plan down the track is to get a Gutbuster Butcher with Cauldron, but for now, that's not an option.... for now. So here we go:

Frostlord on Stonehorn
- Pelt of Charngar
- General (Everwinter's Master)

Huskard on Thundertusk
- Blood Vulture

Huskard on Thundertusk
- Blood Vulture

Mournfang Cavalry x 4
- Gargant Hackers

Mournfang Cavalry x 2
- Gargant Hackers

Mournfang Cavalry x 2
- Gargant Hackers'

Icefall Yetis x 3

That's 1980 points, so there's the potential for a sneaky triumph in there. The general plan is the Mournfang and Stonehorn do the heavy lifting in combat, being supported at range by the T'Tusks which can also heal what needs to be healed. Between 2 rolls at the Huskard's healing ability on top of the Pelt of Charngar, I'd expect (and hope) that the Frostlord will be a tough but to crack in a protracted fight.

The only doubts I have with the list at this stage are the Yetis. If I dropped them I could get 6 Sabretusks, which of course offers far greater objective grabbing capabilities, yet with a far reduced offensive output. I dunno on this one. I like Yetis, but sort of feel that the points could be spent on something far more useful. What are your thoughts - on the Yetis and the list in general?

Cheers y'all!

Archived