Legion of Night vs. Stormcast

Bademeister

Hey guys, 

tomorrow i will play against a Stormcast Eternaly List. It will be a 2on2.. 2 Stormcast Players together encounter my friends ClanSkyre list and my Legion of Night List.  I expect a lot of Judicators and a Battalion of Hammerstrike (Paladins with Starsoul Maces) or Stormhost (??) (30 Liberatores buffed like racehorses on speed). Maybe there will be a Stardrake and some Fulminators.

My fdriend wants to play a range heavy list with a lot of Mortal Wounds and some 40's blocks of Rats. My List will be something like:

Allegiance: Legion of Night

Leaders
Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (420)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Amethystine Pinions (Vampires)
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Morbheg's Claw 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour

Battleline
4 x Morghast Harbingers (440)
- Spirit Swords
- Grand Host of Nagash Battleline (Nagash General)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
6 x Vargheists (320)
3 x Vargheists (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

I want to deploy Mannfred in the far back and cast Amethystine Pinions on him to move for crazy 21". Morghast Harbringer and the 2 Units of Vargheits are waiting in Ambush.

What do you think?

I really like the list, similar to my list. I’ve chosen a terrorgheist and tomb banshee and 2 harbingers for ambush, and included 6 vargheist also.

the vargheist I won’t put in ambush as a 9” charge is unlikely. The vargheist are acting as mannfreds bodyguard unit.

i don’t know how you want to tackle your enemy, but I’m taking bravery focused spells to support my skellies so the banshee and terrorgheist can scream at them the effected enemy unit. Morghast will help with another -1 bravery. Combined, -1 bravery from Skelly banner, -1 from morghast, -1 from overwhelming dread and hopefully another -1 from somewhere else, just trying to find it lol.

do you feel vulnerable without having any other combat heros? I feel mannfred will be a juicy target for shooting and this is a worry for me.

Archived