Slaves to Darkness army box question.

Battlebeard

Hi,

First post here and it's not even about my main army (Kharadron Overlords).

A friend of mine plays Blades of Khorne at about the 1k level and I'm looking for a cheap way to team up with him so we can take on some of our other friends at the 2k level. The Slaves to Darkness army box that GW are currently selling seems to fit the bill, but since I probably won't buy very much more on top of the army box I wanted to ask whether there are any bad equipment choices that I should avoid when building the models?

I'm tentatively thinking javelins for the marauder horsemen and a greatblade for the chariot, but I haven't gotten much further than that!

Any advice would be welcome.

I assume you will be giving them khorne mark? If so you will have lots of fun synergies w his army plus you can take khorne abilities from the battletome

I have been contemplating some Slaves for my khorne army. 

Knights I plant to build w glaives for the rend and 2 damage on the charge.

Marauder horsemen I was thinking of javelins too for some shooting.

Chariots I have built as gorebeast as it works well w the khorne buffs

The sorcerer can join as an ally as long as no slaanesh mark. You could play him as Sayl and use the gorebeast as his minion, you would have to make horsey chariot then though. Or buy a spawn to make sayls minion

Warriors I would build w shields, and halberds if you plan to invest. Regardless Always shields for the MW absorbtion

Lord on manticore should be the warrior guy

The sorcerer left over can be mounted on a spare horse to make another sorcerer.

Archived