2K Matched Play Fyreslayers vs. Beastmen, GHB

The great opponent was a bonus, but getting this table was da bomb. So much I dropped a Grimwrath to be under points and have a Runemaster to make such an epic Volcanos Call. We did 2k GHB secenario 1 Take & Hold. He did GA Chaos technically in adding only a few small limits to make 2K. The Dreadfort rules were not used and it was just cinematic fun. The boss fight, generals, advanced towards one another, unfortunately the duardin was shorter so he made it up to the parapet and insultingly flung a fyresteel Nerf axe at the Beastlord, who promptly gave chase. We agreed to let them take the Khorne elevator to the top 4th story tower to duel it out. Beastlord killed the Grimwrath in the end but that general had one trick up his sleeve and, by the power of his Mohawk, lashed out and impaled the lord, slaying him and bringing him into death in the magma pits below. 

His Chaos command trait was the extra to wound roll and his artifact the reverent crown which gave his slaughter priest the ability to also use inspiring presence. Love the nods to AoS being "after" Fantasy needed. My Order trait was the most useless, reroll battleshock 24" instead of 12" but I guess in that tower top it could have mattered, haha ;) and my artifact was the relic blade, granting Grimwrath #2 damage of 1D3+1. We need in a draw but, dat table...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome board and armies! How long did it take to play a 2k game? Is the Grimwrath performing well as General of your army? I tend to use the Runeson on Magmadroth, but usually gets killed pretty fast...

I was changing up lists since right now just experimenting w/Matched Play so this was my first time not having a magmabomb and it was a weird feeling, but in the spirit of only 6 heroes allowed I went full infantry (86 bodies in total). Smith couldn't be general cuz I sacrifice him in this scenario for his bonus to my army remaining to guard the icon. Though I wouldn't use a Grimwrath if necessary as I like them to go be killy. 

2K usually takes about 2 hours and can feel like older WHFB though tabling doesn't always mean victory. I confess with this being so new and in stores there's a lot of distraction and not so much us consulting mission or scrolls than it is friendly chatter and audience enjoyment around the table.

Archived