AoS noob questions

Rockythedog1

Hi

i have decided onpledging my soul to the Gods of Chaos. 

I have the Khorne bits from the mid size starter box, and I picked up Khorgos Khul and bloodsecrator too. 

What Battletome(s) do I need to get? If I want to field a mixed alliance army, do I need the Battletome for each faction? Or just the blood bound one? Or do I go with the Grand Alliance book?

im guessing the Alliance book is basically just like the index from 40k, and the tomes will be the equivalent of a codex, but Sigmar seems like there is a lot more freedom to creating an army.  I’ll be getting some Skaven for sure, and chaos daemons etc I don’t really want to just have a mortal army, I really want to mix it up  

also, where is a good place to start reading for fluff? Chaos centric fluff for now  

Thanks for reading and any answers or advice will be very gratefully received. 

General's handbook 2017 has all the generic chaos allegiance abilities and ones for slaves to darkness etc. The battletome blades of khorne (i think thats the new one whichever is the latest)  is probably where you want to go for more khorne bloodbound and daemon specific rules. As for fluff, the black library books are where its at imo. Call of archaon, hammers of sigmar and hammerhall and other stories all are pretty good imo. Get hammerhall as an audiobook as thats just great value and has tonnes of other stuff to listen to while you paint

Archived