Warscroll Battalion Questions -- Basic

Blutsteigen

Question

Greetings,

I've never really used Warscroll Battalions, but now that I'm starting Daughters of Khaine I am interested in the Temple Nest and have a few questions.

When using a WB, are you allowed to add any units to it? Or are you only allowed to expand the model count of a unit?

This caught my eye because a Khailebron army allows you to, "add up to two units of Melusai" to a Temple Nest Battalion. I pondered, "couldn't I

do this anyway? How is that helpful? " 

Therefore, if any of you can clarify and perhaps offer other tips that are common mistakes with Battalions I'd

greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Blutsteigen said:

Greetings,

I've never really used Warscroll Battalions, but now that I'm starting Daughters of Khaine I am interested in the Temple Nest and have a few questions.

When using a WB, are you allowed to add any units to it? Or are you only allowed to expand the model count of a unit?

This caught my eye because a Khailebron army allows you to, "add up to two units of Melusai" to a Temple Nest Battalion. I pondered, "couldn't I

do this anyway? How is that helpful? " 

Therefore, if any of you can clarify and perhaps offer other tips that are common mistakes with Battalions I'd

greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Warscroll battalions prescribe the units you can take, and therefore the units that can benefit from the battalion's abilities - otherwise you'd be in a situation where your whole army could claim to be part of the battalion and claim the bonuses.

You can't add units to a warscroll battalion that aren't included in the description.

A 0 to X quantity simply means those particular units are optional.

Just now, BaldoBeardo said:

Warscroll battalions prescribe the units you can take, and therefore the units that can benefit from the battalion's abilities - otherwise you'd be in a situation where your whole army could claim to be part of the battalion and claim the bonuses.

You can't add units to a warscroll battalion that aren't included in the description.

A 0 to X quantity simply means those particular units are optional.

I'm glad I asked, thank you. Thus the extra option of 2 additional Melusai is quite a benefit after all.

Cheers,

Archived