Help with AoS Tzeentch 1250 point vaguard

Rzach

I am going to play in a 4 player triumph and treachery battle. We are playing using 1250 points and the battle plan and realm for the fight will be randomly determined at the table.

I have 4 Silver Tower sets and 1 Shadows over Hammerhal set to build my army with. I also have a Balewind Vortex. 

I would appreciate any advice or help in building my force and choosing my spells and artifacts.

I will be running my Silver Tower Force which consists of: 

Leaders (560pts)
Gaunt Summoner w/chaos familiars -120pts
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch - 160pts
Ogroid Thaumaturge - 160pts

Battleline (590pts)
Kairic Acolytes (40) - 360pts
Tzaangors (10) - 180pts
Blue Horrors (10) - 50pts

Scenery(100pts)
Balewind Vortex - 100pts

Total - 1250pts

The other players will be playing Sylvaneth, Blades of Khorne, and Stormcast. The Blades of Khorne player has confirmed that they are bringing a Soul Grinder and a Bloodthirster as part of their army. I don't know what the other two players will bring for their troops. 

Played the game today. The Stormcast player was unable to attend so it ended up being a three way match between Blades of Khorne, Sylvaneth, and my Silver Tower Tzeentch force. I ended up with the second highest point total in the end. We ended up playing the Right of Conquest battleplan set in the realm of Aqshy. Sylvaneth ended up winning by a large margin as they had units occupying 3 of the 6 territories at the end. Over all I thought my army ended up doing pretty well. I ended up with most of my army still intact at the end. The Khorne player was almost completely wiped out. Sylvaneth ended up with no casualties do to their tree teleport abilities. As a funny note we noticed the rules of Aqshy in the Generals Handbook 2017 really favor a shooting Sylvaneth army as you can't see past terrain and their long range attacks can benefit from the fiery missiles rule. 

Over all I enjoyed the game. I felt that had I held a few figures in my army in reserve I could have done much better in the game. 

My final list was: 

Leaders (560pts)
    Command Trait: Daemon Arch-Sorcerer
     Lore of Change - Arcane Transformation
     Lore of Change - Bolt of Tzeentch
     Lore of Change - Tzeentch's Inferno (errated from firestorm)

Daemonic Power - Wellspring of Arcane Might
    Lore of Fate - Glimpse the Future

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch - 160pts
    Lore of Change - Treason of Tzeentch

Ogroid Thaumaturge - 160pts
    Lore of Fate - Infusion Arcanum

Battleline (590pts)
Kairic Acolytes (40) - 360pts
Tzaangors (10) - 180pts
Blue Horrors (10) - 50pts

Scenery(100pts)
Balewind Vortex - 100pts

Total - 1250pts

He is ok. Once he is buffed up with an extra attack with his horns from Arcane Transformation and also buffed with Infusion Arcanum he is decently strong.

The Daemon Prince with Arcane Transformation buffing his axe attack is a bit more of a threat. 

Archived