Gore Pilgrims with 2 Slaughterpriests: Worth it?

jazman84

With Gore Pilgrims I usually run 3 Slaughterpriests to get the most bang for my buck. However, snce I'm giving double-whipped Letterbombs a go I am only running the 2 of them.

Sure it also boosts the Secrator's Portal; yet I tend to be a little more aggressive with my Spriests to get maximum value out of Blood Boil and Blood Bind, not to mention remaining in range of the Letters for killing frenzy. Thus they are only within range for the boost for the 1st turn or 2.

I'm not sure 90pts per model is worth it...

In fact I think I answered my own question! ?

It's an additional 100 pts model, but yeah it's still worth it. The thing is with Gore Pilgrims that you give up some list flexability to ensure the Battalion being as effective possible, same is true for Murderhost and Brass Stampede.

Having said that, feel free to experiment without Gore Pilgrims also. A thing that has become rare these days is considering additional Bloodstoker and Bloodsecrator over two Slaughterpriests, they cost the same however and can effectively lead to similar bubble effects for a turn.  I still don't dislike this approach either.

3 hours ago, jazman84 said:

Do you use Gorepilgrims?

Yes, I do. I know a third SlaughterPriest would add another 6 inches to the Blood Secrators ability and give me another prayer but I don't see myself investing in another one. Maybe if they release a third sculpt for the SlaughterPriest model... Anyway, I find that a 30 inch bubble is good enough.

I usually post my Bloodsecrator as far forwards as I dare (he tends to be the #1 target so I usually try and hide him behind Terrain) and  have the Slaughterpriests next to him, next turn I move the Slaughterpriests 8 inches forward always keeping my banner planted and I daisy chain my Bloodletters/ Bloodreavers/Blood Warriors so at least one of them is still within the effect bubble at all times. 

Archived