Soultrap and being trapped

Smed1986

Hello TGA members, been getting plenty of tips on here and it seems a really knowledgeable community, so I decided to finally sign up and thought I'd get my first post in asking for help on something that came up today!

So I had Severin wounded but with Soultrap ready to save his bacon, my opponent then played a sneaky move and moved a fighter into a hex next to him and then timetrap to charge him with another fighter. The attack was successful and then Soultrap saved him, then because he was trapped he suffered the damage and was removed.

Question is was this right? The FAQ states that the pushback is part of the attack, but Soultrap is used 'during' the attack. Would the suffering the wounds and being trapped happen at the same time, therefore Soultrap saving him?

I managed to sneak a win in so didn't effect the outcome of the game but curious to know if this ever comes up again! 

If I understood You correctly, Severin sufferd damage, because he could't be driven back. This however only occurs when the attacker and defender roll an equal amount of successes in an attack and the defender could not be driven back. If the attack was successful from the beginning, the "trapped" aspect is completely irrelevant.

So Soultrap would have saved Severin. The "trapped" aspect only determins, if the defender suffers damage from the attack in the first place.

Archived