Malign Portents And Events

Hounsou83

Hello to everyone!

What do you think about Maling portents and using the rules inside in a Matched play torunament?

Do you think it should be only be used in campaigns and narrative games?

I think that it can add a lot also to matched play and i will try to use it in my hobby store for the next tournament that i will organzie!

Thank you 

let me know what do you think!

Hey, I think MP is a great book but I don't think all rules (scenario's/cards) translate directly well to a Matched play Tournament. Matched play is no issue, the tournament aspect does seem to be one however this is purely based on the single scenario I have seen ;0 

I think it works fantastic for campaigns and narrative games however. Offcourse you can use Pitched Battle Profiles to play those games aswell. I also think that enough stores will be able to base a campaign 'tournament' around it. That plan also certainly seems to be there for the Games Workshop store events.

I see it as a gateway to a new format for competative play,,it even includes 2 new matched play scenarios.The new "command point"system will likely bring in many 40k players to check it out plus many of us who play both games have often wondered why AOS hasnt tried this system yet and now its here!
  My sping/summer event will  be using the MP added rules:)

As of right now, it's a gimmick if you want to make a small-medium event stand out. 

With more support it could be adopted but I think that'll depend on exactly what you can do with fate points and how mandatory the harbingers are.

Archived