Flesh Eaters - Summoning - GH

Hampshire Hammerers

So as per the new G. handbook, summoning units are taken as part of your total points. 

Does anyone have the book to hand to tell me how that works for flesh eater court abilities? My understanding was that you could 're-grow' units, but not beyond starting size. 

If i have an ability that means I can summon a ghoul King - should he have been included ( and pointed ) in my original army list? 

Thanks

I don't have the GH, but as far as I understood, everything which is "new" on the battlefield, should be treated as summoning. Therefore, if you plan to summon a Ghoul King as a new unit, then it should be pointed as summoning.

Now on the inclusion in the army list, I would say yes, but the GH seems pretty clear stating that you don't have to list the summoning. So you don't "really" have to include the King in your list, but only leave some "spare points" to be used after as summoning -> which means that if you have a wizard on the tabletop, you can potentially summon whatever your spare points allows.

Waiting for someone with the book to correct me :)

8 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Any spell that adds a new unit is summoning. If you add a new unit using any ability, you must have a "pool" of unused models to pull from. If you have nothing in your pool, the spell or ability goes off and essentially does nothing.

Example: Summoning spells, Engine of the Gods, Gaunt Summoner, etc.

Any spell or ability that adds models to an existing unit is unrestricted and may add 'free' models, but the unit may not increase beyond the number of models it had to start the game.

Example: Skeletons healing D6 models each turn, the spell to add a models to a unit of Tomb Scorpions, etc.

From another thread, I think that should answer it. 

Archived