Command Traits and Abilities

fredster4050

Question

Sorry, these have probably been answered many times, but the search functions provides pages of reading, and I can't find the one I want (plus I'm probably just a bit lazy!)

1.  A general can be given a Command Trait, if he also has a listed Command Ability can he use both in a turn?
  2.  Can a named character be given a Command Trait whether he has a listed Command Ability or not?
  3.  Can a model with a listed Command Ability use it if he is not the general?

Many thanks!

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

Sorry, these have probably been answered many times, but the search functions provides pages of reading, and I can't find the one I want (plus I'm probably just a bit lazy!)

1.  A general can be given a Command Trait, if he also has a listed Command Ability can he use both in a turn?
  2.  Can a named character be given a Command Trait whether he has a listed Command Ability or not?
  3.  Can a model with a listed Command Ability use it if he is not the general?

Many thanks!

1. Traits are usually passive and always in use, while abilities require activation. Unless you have a special rule that says otherwise, nothing prevents you from using both anymore than shooting in the shooting phase and stabbing in the combat phase.

2. Named characters can never be given Traits or Artifacts. Further only your General can be given a trait. Artifacts can be given to any of your in allegiance, non-named characters though.

3. Only if you have a special rule that allows it (Consummate Commander for Stormcast as an example). Otherwise, no. A model must be your General in order to use his command ability (or the generic immune to battleshock ability all generals know).

Archived