Club night at the South London Legion - Wednesday 10 January 2018

Nico

Happy New Year from Papa Nurgle!

If you're looking for Age of Sigmar, Shadespire,  40K, Bloodbowl, Necromunda or other games in London, then head down to the South London Legion any Wednesday afternoon.

There will be the usual mixture of 2,000 point games going on. If you have a smaller force, then someone should be happy to give you an introductory or demo game as well.

AoS

Even though the club’s venue - the Croydon Conference Centre was not open last week due to Christmas. We managed to get a lot of ad hoc games in.

At Warboar, Tom’s Darkling Covens took on Grant’s 4,000 pints of Death. John’s Khorne Khorgi Spam then took on Death!

FF577B83-EE2D-40F2-9113-7D760BF6C80F.jpeg.2029991830a2f49f0957d039d4ab295a.jpeg

James’s Seraphon played Nick’s Wanderers - the Dread Saurian is looking ace. Nick’s Wanderers are also great to look at - I’m trying to write a list - the Waywatcher is an ace general. Nick then played Ben Savva.

A714C64A-1582-48B6-B693-D6ACDF39B2C0.jpeg.d2e85581d615bfac3b72e5bfd3d7de24.jpeg

I played Bloodbowl against Simon - killed two Dwarves - standard.... My dice were hot.

At Dark Sphere - I also played Tom with Fyreslayers and Ben S with my two ship Zilfin list - Ironclad and Frigate. I lost both games - but close. Very interesting.

D2F40CAB-94C8-4C4B-8433-9C5BD9E42070.jpeg.1ac83beb2c22dd83117931bc25a7acc1.jpeg

Archaon took on Ben Savva's @Age of The Erstwood phenomenal Skryre Mechanicus army. It was a bad match up for the cunning rats, although a mortar took out my Gaunt Summoner turn one.

IMG_2716.JPG.8f4e8a1dece53cb11e08274b361e50bb.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG.b0fed23373bdfb84208cbf21acd4bf72.JPG

The focus has switched to the Masters with a Ben taking his Bonesplitterz the Legion stands behind him!

We're also in the early stages of planning #BigBash which will be an all day narrative megabattle between several of our armies - thinking 10 February - Archaon and 4 Exalted Greater Daemons vs Nagash, Mortarchs and 6 Flappies - what's not to love? 

FB518A92-B853-4245-A386-1039C3387A98.jpeg.5d9511a5e09265dd145fdfd0c8e8b2d8.jpeg

Runedaddy has a go at Derpghar. I finally found uses for that oversized axe and Kairic Acolytes.

Bloodbowl
After killing two Rats last game, I got to play Simon’s Dwarves at Warboar. Simon’s dice were poor and I stayed away from the Deathroller. The Underworld team killed two Dwarves. I think I even won this game.

I had two classic and sublime/ridiculous games against John’s Orcs - with a remarkably clever Troll (only one stupid roll failed in game one). Fezglitch and some stunningly good Hypnotic Gaze trickery kept my Vampires from embarrassing themselves.

Meanwhile for the Dudz & Sudz, I made two fateful decisions. I burnt my Apothecary on my best player with Block and Claw and chose to Block then Foul John’s best player before trying to stop his Blitzer from scoring. In consequence, I killed John’s best player, while in John’s turn he failed the second dodge roll and DIED. I failed to pick up the ball thereafter with a reroll so John led 2:0 at half time. However, his Orcs were down to 7 players on the pitch (with two dead and Apothecary used).

I used Badyear Git (just realised the pun), I got a Touchback and have my Troll the ball for lolz. John then rolled a Blitz - disaster!

With Brutal Mighty Blow Claw Blitzes backed up with chain fouls I took John down to just 3 players on the pitch.

Despite notdelsying moving the ball, John’s last Blitzer managed some heroics to delay my first touchdown - I also could do no handling whatsoever.

John won 2:1 in the end - he got some money back, but felt pretty brutalised. I am literally averaging a kill per game now.

Bloodbowl is such an amazing game!

24736459-472B-4987-BEB2-1222CD22A2B3.jpeg.a4107636471072d6624c279c78c0d4fb.jpeg

IMG_2731.JPG.31f0ea0078a95436f9e3869ee1a6436e.JPG

Rob led the League on New Year’s Eve. Marathon (Rob's movement 10 Gutter Runner somehow avoided death by foul) has scored 6 Touchdowns! However other teams are closing in on him and learning Tackle.

Alex is playing Matt’s Chaos Dwarves and Hhmsns this week!

New players are also welcome!

Shadespire
I played Craig! #Jumperman

81B62C4E-8A3D-4BA1-9C72-07E9FEB080AA.jpeg.4d5b3b8d4c2d7da85136e5c4e769635a.jpeg

The only way is up for me with my 5-games 5-Losses record.

Should be a perfect second game to fit around a main game in an evening. Or you can just play 4 games back to back :D.

Nathan and Simon Weakley went to a one dayer on Saturday.

Lots of excitement from Sami, John and others for the Blood Angels and Dark Angels Codices.

I'm flip flopping between 12 Dragoons/Baliistarii or a Cerastus Knight Atropos for my Raptors/Ad Mech list. Update - the Knight is on the mail!

Sami is doing well with the Necrons! Ben Raven, Nathan and Simon Weakley seem very excitable about Tyranids!

It has slowly dawned on me that I already own a significant amount of models for a Daemons list or Thousand sons (might finally use 30 Tzaangor!). Shame the Exalted Greater Daemons in 40K got nerfed into oblivion, but hopefully can use them as regular versions.

Craig is leading the way with his Ad Mech - awesome painting!

15F44BED-4EC3-44AD-A9C1-F1C69D5CA078.jpeg.9d949460a3a791b426e3a7c73df8c8f2.jpeg

One of the cohort of Bens owns this chap.

Necromunda
Simon Froley is leading the charge with James hot on his heels. I’ve dug out my old Van Saar gang! Very exciting game. Will be going strong in the New Year.

I salvaged some metal Van Saar and other dudes.
#DateWithDettol

@Thanatos Ares

@Leonardas 

@Bowlzee

@Marc Wilson

Give me a shout on the forum or post below and I can add you to our AoS WhatsApp chatroom (84,000 messages and counting - I swear fully half of it is John talking about Khorgoraths).

You can find us here:

Croydon Conference Centre

5-9 Surrey Street

Croydon

Surrey CR0 1RG

@sthlondonlegion

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, Nico said:

Rescheduled until next Wednesday due to staff sickness at the venue.

Some of us are arranging games at Warboar and Darksphere instead.

Are you going to warboar again? Croydon's far for me to attend (no direct connections) but Bromley (and Dark Sphere in fairness) is handy, could do with playing again.

21 hours ago, Mirbeau said:

Are you going to warboar again? Croydon's far for me to attend (no direct connections) but Bromley (and Dark Sphere in fairness) is handy, could do with playing again.

Hi - this outing to Warboar was a one off.

We’ve been back at the Croydon Conference Centre the last few weeks and are there tomorrow (15 minute train from London Bridge to East Croydon, then an 8 minute walk). 

Do let me know if you’re interested in attending and want to join the WhatsApp group.

Archived