Clan Eshin List

Milford

Hi, all. I've recently returned to the game after a 10 year break. I was trying to decide on an AoS army to start collecting, but after a lot of rummaging I've found my old (as of yet unpainted) skaven models. I have:

1x assassin

40x clan rats

40x night runners

6x metal gutter runners

4x warplock jezzs

Given this, I was thinking of building a Clan Eshin army.

Presumably I can just treat my night runners as gutter runners (I'll build them all in the right way). Then the "kernel" of my new army is:

-Assassin (general)  [100]

- 20x Gutter Runners [200]

-20x Gutter Runners [200]

-5x Gutter Runners [60]

So I so far have 560 points.

This army alone would be pretty funny as I could literally start the game with nothing deployed (unless there is a rule against this?).

Developing this into a 2k list, I'd of course just be adding gutter runners, assassins (and perhaps a deathrunner or verminlord deciever?). And then I'd have 400 points to spend on any of the other clans.

I do intend to compete in tournaments in the not too distant future, so the real question is whether this 560 point army kernel can be developed into something competitive.

What do you guys reckon?

Eshin is a tough list to try and run standalone. I've only ever used them as complementary troops with special purposes.

Someone ran an Eshin list at the OZ masters and did very well. It was final 16 best ranked (and who could attend) so it was a competent field and some of the lists were pretty brutal.

The Eshin list was

2x VL deceiver
2x Assassin
2x plague priest w/ censer

40x night runner
20x gutter runner
20x gutter runner
40x clanrat

Not sure how he played it but I was impressed hearing that it ran 6th or 7th.

Archived