Kroxigor painting question/blending

ZJS0621

Evening y'all I'm new to the forum but a long time warhammer hobbyist I recently picked up a Kroxigor from my favorite faction the Lizardmen. I painted it using the official GW painting guide which was alright but after seeing these images I'd like to know how to apply the lighter colors on his "abs" and his skin and how to blend this lighter color. Thanks in advance gents.

IMG_4406.PNG

IMG_4407.PNG

Welcome! I'm excited to see your figures in the future.

To answer your question:

1) You can use a retarder to slow down the drying of the paint. Then apply paint A and paint B and with a dry clean brush blend the boarder between the two colors.

2)* loaded brush. This is a little harder to do, but comes out a lot better and goes WAY quicker. You take Paint A and load your brush. Then dip the tip into Paint B and go from B to A with your brush. It will autoblend the colors together. But like I said, its trickier to make sure you got the ratios correct, good consistency of paint, etc. I know Painting Buddah has a tutorial where he uses loaded brush.

3) Airbrush. Quickest for sure, and if you're doing an army I wouldn't do anything else.

That's what I got, good luck and Happy Holidays. :)

*= my preference

Love Kroxigors. :)

There's also a Tip Of The Day video from Duncan showing how to paint Ogroid Thaumaturge flesh, including transitioning to its lighter-coloured stomach area. The blue in the video a bit colder and greyer than yours but it might be possible to adapt it - especially since the models are a similar scale etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Lqi5iGIcM

Archived