Help with list (SCE) : 1500 points tournament

Timmekez

Hi,

I wrote a list for my first aos tournament.

It's only 12 players and 1500 points.

I have no idea what the meta is here atm but here are the armies :

wanderers, clan pestilens, hosts of slaanesh, 3 x stormcasts (incl me), seraphon

khorne bloodbound, clan skyre, The Legion of Azgorh, Brayherds, ironjawz

My list:

Lord Aquilor 200

- staunch defender

-Mirrorshield

- aethereal stalker (gryph charger)

Celestant prime 340

Mistweaver Saih 80

5 judicators 160

2x5 vanguard hunters 280

2x3 palladors 440

1500 total

All advice is welcome :)

Hey!

17 hours ago, Timmekez said:

Lord Aquilor 200

- staunch defender

-Mirrorshield

- aethereal stalker (gryph charger)

Not bad but consider the following : Your LA will be jumping here and there the whole game and often want to charge every turn. Sure in your opponent turn you get +1 armor but you can also use two other command trait : the 5++ and the reroll charge ones. As fot the Gryph trait, you can also consider the +1 move, far better than you think.

17 hours ago, Timmekez said:

Mistweaver Saih 80

WHERE IS YOUR LORD RELICTOR throw away the pointy ears and get me the bone daddy! More seriously, getting 1-2 relicrot is a staple, even for just lightning chariot themselves and cripplestorm the ennemy, not even talking about healing your 5 wounds-chargers.

18 hours ago, Timmekez said:

Celestant prime 340

I am quite hesitant with this one. Sure cometbombing the ennemy is nice but that is all what you will get. 1500 point  and under games are quick and fast murderfest and are often decided before turn 3 where his close combat stats starts to be interesting. If the ennemy don't care taking D3 dammage on his army or spread too much or have enough shooting to threat your CP, you have lost 340 points.

It might be a good idea, it al depends on how you use him or the ennemy react to his presence, but my guts tells me to take a bunch of Longstrike instead.

I'm also working on a 1500 points list now, not for a tournament but for a three way Triumph & Treachery game on Sunday.

This is what I have so far:

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth w/ Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield (general)
- Armor of Destiny and Keen-clawed on the dracoth.
Lord-Castellant
Lord-Relictor w/ Lightning Chariot

5x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (Prime with Shockbolt bow)
5x Liberators with Warhammer & Shield (Prime with Grandhammer)
15x Liberators with Warhammer & Shield (Prime & 2 regulars with Grandhammers)
9x Vanguard Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

The idea is to use the Castellant's Warden Lantern on either the Celestant or the big Liberator group as needed, and the Raptors, Judicators and Celestant as the main damage dealers in this force. The Relictor should then be able (hopefully) to shuttle unit as needed on to objectives.

That's the idea at least, then we'll see if it works or not :)

I don't know yet what scenario will be played. Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, kozokus said:

Hey!

Not bad but consider the following : Your LA will be jumping here and there the whole game and often want to charge every turn. Sure in your opponent turn you get +1 armor but you can also use two other command trait : the 5++ and the reroll charge ones. As fot the Gryph trait, you can also consider the +1 move, far better than you think.

WHERE IS YOUR LORD RELICTOR throw away the pointy ears and get me the bone daddy! More seriously, getting 1-2 relicrot is a staple, even for just lightning chariot themselves and cripplestorm the ennemy, not even talking about healing your 5 wounds-chargers.

I am quite hesitant with this one. Sure cometbombing the ennemy is nice but that is all what you will get. 1500 point  and under games are quick and fast murderfest and are often decided before turn 3 where his close combat stats starts to be interesting. If the ennemy don't care taking D3 dammage on his army or spread too much or have enough shooting to threat your CP, you have lost 340 points.

It might be a good idea, it al depends on how you use him or the ennemy react to his presence, but my guts tells me to take a bunch of Longstrike instead.

The 5++ is indeed better I think.

I used the mist weaver just for a cheap mystic shield and to dispel actually.

I'm gonna give the relict a try this Saturday .

So you'd go 6 longstrikes instead of the prime? 1 big unit or 2 x 3?

Thanks for the advice!

Archived