Of Stormcasts and Space Marines

Mr. White

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Does anyone else think that the SCE might have received a more positive reception if they hadn't painted them gold!? I mean nobody likes a guy that shows up to a fight in polished gold armour right?

Partially - maybe, but most of the haters would have been hating anyway. It's just in their nature, as Killax already has pointed out.

I had a terrible first reaction to them but it was all about the paint job. I like the concept and i like the models and some of the follow up releases have only reinforced that. I painted mine up in a steel colour palette and i love the way they look. There are dull gold parts on the Primes and Characters but nothing overwhelming. It made all the difference to my attitude to them.

Seconding on that. When I saw them painted in silver or even in jet black, they were looking way more impressive.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think that the SCE might have received a more positive reception if they hadn't painted them gold!? I mean nobody likes a guy that shows up to a fight in polished gold armour right?

Partially - maybe, but most of the haters would have been hating anyway. It's just in their nature, as Killax already has pointed out.

I had a terrible first reaction to them but it was all about the paint job. I like the concept and i like the models and some of the follow up releases have only reinforced that. I painted mine up in a steel colour palette and i love the way they look. There are dull gold parts on the Primes and Characters but nothing overwhelming. It made all the difference to my attitude to them.

Seconding on that. When I saw them painted in silver or even in jet black, they were looking way more impressive.

5 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I think they were just something to latch onto for those who felt slighted by AoS.

Bloodwarriors and Ironjawz hit the same points (Heavyly armoured, elite, bigger and in matching primary colours) and escaped the same level of criticism. 

I think the reason for that might be because both Orcs and Khornates were already pretty big on the "big burly warriors". It is those two factions main strong point. They are basically Black Orcs and Skullcrushers respectively turned into an army. 

And they still recieved criticism, just not for the same reason that Stormcast got. 

Archived