Some questions about missions of pitched battle in general handbook2017 and more

gilotinx

Question

Hi, I'd like to ask some questions when I played AOS pitched battle recently.

Most players and me are not English speakers, so it might misunderstanding from translation(also I'm not good English speaker too)

Okay then here is thing,

In some battle plans(ex;'Total conquest', 'battle for the pass'), need 'more 20 models' for holding objectives. And this is only one for holding it, not a unit of less 20 models.

Is it right? or Am i missing other rule which even one model can capture an objective?

Some players are unconvincing it, because most elite army can't get a point by holding objectives and must change a their roster(using at least 20 liberators or allies).

Besides, I'm also one of stormcast player. I'd like know how stormcast player controls an objective in 'Total conquest' and 'Battle for the pass' battle plans.

(I'm consider to use vanguard wing with a unit of 30 models liberators)

Thank you :)

4 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, gilotinx said:

Hi, I'd like to ask some questions when I played AOS pitched battle recently.

Most players and me are not English speakers, so it might misunderstanding from translation(also I'm not good English speaker too)

Okay then here is thing,

In some battle plans(ex;'Total conquest', 'battle for the pass'), need 'more 20 models' for holding objectives. And this is only one for holding it, not a unit of less 20 models.

Is it right? or Am i missing other rule which even one model can capture an objective?

Some players are unconvincing it, because most elite army can't get a point by holding objectives and must change a their roster(using at least 20 liberators or allies).

Besides, I'm also one of stormcast player. I'd like know how stormcast player controls an objective in 'Total conquest' and 'Battle for the pass' battle plans.

(I'm consider to use vanguard wing with a unit of 30 models liberators)

Thank you :)

Scenarios which mention units of 20 or above require 1 model from that unit to be within range, and for the unit to still have 20 models.

If that requirement is not met, then a second condition applies, which is most models within range.

So for stormcast to hold an objective can  do 2 things.

1. Reduce enemy units to less than 20

and/or

2. Keep enemy models out of range by screening objectives with units, or charge your enemies large units early so they cant get to the objective.

@gilotinx consider it an order of priority 

If you have a unit with 20+ models near the objective, you claim it 

Failing a unit of this size, it can be a smaller unit. 

If a big unit of 20 challenge for the objective during the game, it would take priority and claim the objective over a smaller unit. 

As @stato said it needs at least 1 model from the unit to be in range, not the full unit 

Archived