2000pts Chaos list - Tormentors of Proug

TwoThinQuotes

Hi Folks,

This will be my first full army ever and if I’m being honest I don’t really know what I’m doing or how it will run. I'd like it to be semi-competitive so any advice would be gratefully received. 

Based on the idea that memories of pivotal moments in the world-that-was swirl between the realms and give heroes strong motivations to recreate them. In this instance the misremembered siege of Praag binds eclectic elements of the forces of Chaos together.

Leaders

• Be’lakor (G) Trait: cunning deceiver, Artefact: Daemon weapon (Daemon Prince Vardekrom!)
  • Sayl the faithless  
  • Slambo

Battleline

• 30 Chaos Marauders
  • 20 Chaos Warriors
  • 20 Gors

• 40 Clanrats + Warpgrinder

Behemoth

• Chaos Warshrine
  • Warpfire Dragon
  • Preyton

Option:  I could swap out the Warpfire Dragon and the Preyton for 2 Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers and a Daemonsmith

In terms of tactics

1. Preyton deploys to opponents deployment zone in first round, preferably in cover, to harass any artillery or force opponent to reposition.
  2. Army moves forward first turn under -1 to hit cover of command trait
  3. Clanrats+warpgrinder tunnel in to either capture objectives or disrupt opponent’s movement, dice willing. Possibly with the Preyton in support
  4. Be’lakor to disrupt the opponents “gotcha” unit/monster with his dark master ability
  5.  Bamff either the Marauders or Warriors forward and support them with Be’lakor and/or the Warpfire dragon

50 minutes ago, LordKalebKhaine said:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Be'lakor can take command traits or artifacts because he is Unique.

I know he cannot have an artifact. thought he could still take the command trait. 

The current list has no-one who can take an artifact.

45 minutes ago, LordKalebKhaine said:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Be'lakor can take command traits or artifacts because he is Unique.

9 minutes ago, Uveron said:

I know he cannot have an artifact. thought he could still take the command trait. 

The current list has no-one who can take an artifact.

Hmmmm... you're both right, thanks. How about I swap Slambo for an Exalted Hero and make him the general?

Archived