Playing Wyldwoods outside Sylvaneth Allegiance, in Matched Play?

GingerGiant

What's the best way to get a Sylvaneth Wyldwood onto the Battlefield in the context of Matched Play, outside of running a Sylvaneth Allegiance army?

My wife and I have a small collection of Wood Elves, which is mostly Wanderer units and a single Treelord/Ancient. It's clear to me that even without a majority of Sylvaneth, a Wyldwood is very useful for stacking Save bonuses and the Living City allegiance ability.

Our collection includes:

• One Treelord Ancient
  • One Spellweaver
  • 5 Sisters of the Thorn
  • 15 Glade Guard

I think a fun synergy would be buffing the Treelord Ancient (it's one of the old Treeman kits) with the Sisters and Mystic Shield, then teleporting it somewhere inconvenient to the opponent. Obviously, this won't work without a way to put a Sylvaneth Wyldwood on the table. If my wife and I throw down, I have no compunction against just giving the Wood Elves a Wyldwood per Sylvaneth allegiance ability. But, if the army was used with other players, I'd like to know how to put one down and follow the Matched Play rules.

Welp, I figured it out:

I was looking at the Treelord Ancient Warscroll from the Warscroll Builder, which appears to be out of date. The Age of Sigmar app has the Silent Communion ability listed, which is how I would get Wyldwoods on the table.

EDIT: Both the Warscroll Builder and Games Workshop website both have Warscrolls that lack both the Silent Communion ability and Command Ability for the Treelord Ancient. Now to find out where they went.

Archived